Data Visualization Engineer
Palo Alto, CA
“One of 44 enterprise tech startups to bet your career on in 2019” --Business Insider
“The Rising Stars of QA: Six New Vendors to Watch in 2019” --QA Financial
“Number 1 hottest Bay Area Startups in Fourth Quarter 2018 –SV Business Journal
“CNBC's 2018 UpStart100 list” --CNBC
HeadSpin is revolutionizing the way developers test, monitor and optimize their applications. We are building a first-of-its-kind, mobile device cloud platform that allows apps to instantaneously run on real devices across global mobile carrier networks. Our goal is to provide powerful, actionable data which pinpoints any problem in the app and enables developers to fix these issue before launch. HeadSpin integrates seamlessly with your development workflow and requires no changes to your app. The HeadSpin mobile platform is now in 80 countries and 140 cities worldwide, supporting over 2,000 cellular networks and over 22,000 device SKUs.
We’re looking for someone to build user interfaces, visualizations, and data algorithms. The ideal candidate will be able to takes complex data and make it more accessible, understandable and usable for leaders to derive insights and ultimately enable them to make the better business decisions. You should be passionate about telling stories with data and can drive the development process from initial prototypes to the final product.
- Develop interactive, functional and aesthetically-pleasing data visualizations.
- Be self-motivated, with the ability to define goals and work independently.
- Utilize strong debugging and troubleshooting skill to fix problems that arise.
- Collaborate with Data Engineering to build a technical framework to create, deploy, and iterate on new data products.
- Collaborate with Data Science team to leverage various models (statistical, machine learning etc.) to build impactful data products
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Graphic Design, Statistics, or a related area
- 2-5 years of professional experience developing data visualizations
- Experience with using data to drive business outcomes and decisions
- Clear oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Adobe products, particularly Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience working with Angular 1 and/or D3.js
- Experience connecting front-end interfaces with Elasticsearch and/or SQL-based databases
- Experience analyzing data using Python, R, or another programming language
HeadSpin is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We review applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, or age.