Palo Alto, CA
As a Sales Engineer at HeadSpin, you will be responsible for providing world class pre-sales technical support to the sales team. Working directly with customers you will be the subject matter expert on application performance management and HeadSpin. You will be responsible for delivering product demonstrations that directly address customer pain and emphasize HeadSpin’ industry leading APM solutions. During the sales cycle, you will lead the proof of concepts, demonstrating HeadSpin’ ability to meet and exceed customer requirements, often in the customer’s production environment. Finally, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences to ultimately improve our business and our customers’ success.
This is full time position based in Palo Alto, CA
- 3-5 years experience working with at least one of the following languages: Java, PythonExperience and competence working at OS command lines including Unix, Linux and Window command prompts.
- Experience with Unix/Linux/Windows shell scripting
- Knowledge of basic networking components and concepts
- Ability to troubleshoot basic networking issues that may prevent communication between hosts
- Experience with web servers and common relational databases used in today’s application architectures
- Ability to understand SQL
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Passionate about technical sales and working with customers
- Ambitious and self-motivated with a high emotional IQ
- Ability to work on multiple opportunities & POCs concurrently
- Highly coachable with a strong desire to improve and grow as a professional
- Travel up to 50%
- Experience with application performance management technologies and techniques
- Experience with Cloud and Big Data technologies
- Fluency in Mandarin is a plus
HeadSpin is revolutionizing the way developers test, monitor and optimize their applications. We are building a first-of-its-kind, mobile device cloud platform that allows apps to instantaneously run on real devices across global mobile carrier networks. Our goal is to provide powerful, actionable data which pinpoints any problem in the app and enables developers to fix these issues before launch. HeadSpin integrates seamlessly with your development workflow and requires no changes to your app. The HeadSpin mobile platform is now in 80 countries and 140 cities worldwide, supporting over 2,000 cellular networks and over 22,000 device SKUs.
HeadSpin is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We review applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, or age.