Business Development Lead
Headway’s mission is to create access to affordable, quality mental healthcare across the United States.
We all know someone who has struggled with mental health—1 in 4 people have a treatable mental health condition—but the overwhelming majority don’t get the care they need. The primary reason is cost. Eighty percent of therapists don’t accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is usually very, very expensive.
Headway is solving this problem by building a managed marketplace that brings together patients and therapists, and takes care of all the messy insurance stuff behind the scenes. After launching in April of 2019, we are already facilitating thousands of appointments each month, and have the backing of the nation’s preeminent VCs (backers of: Facebook, LinkedIn, Slack, Uber, Oscar), as well as the nation’s most innovative healthcare entrepreneurs (founders of: One Medical, Flatiron, and Clover, plus the founders of Seamless and Giphy).
Join our team and our mission, and do something that matters.
About The Role
The BD Lead will be responsible for building out an entirely new commercial partnerships org at Headway.
To date, we have been able to organically scale to thousands of appointments per month simply through word of mouth. We are seeing HR directors refer employees, physicians refer patients, and university health centers refer students to Headway purely because of the value they see in the Headway offering. We see an opportunity to accelerate Headway's growth by catalyzing these networks through commercial partnerships, specifically with medical networks, enterprises, and schools.
Reporting to the Head of Business Operations and working closely with the CEO, the BD Lead will own these commercial partnerships from conception to execution, and ideally build out a team to deploy these partnerships across the country.
- You have 5+ years experience deploying commercial partnerships in an enterprise software and/or professional services setting, ideally with direct experience in the healthcare space.
- You blend client management skills with product intuition: you are able to piece together fragmented interactions to understand and empathize with client needs at a fundamental level, build a coherent product thesis, and deploy partnerships with limited direction.
- You thrive in ambiguity: you are keen to launch into the unknown and figure things out for the first time. You see opportunity where others see constraints.
- You get things done: you pride yourself on your ability to execute with limited time and resources. You are scrappy, gritty, and think outside the box to get from point A to point B.
- You are mission-oriented: you are excited to do what will hopefully be the most meaningful work of your career.