Client Growth Lead
New York /
1 in 4 Americans have a treatable mental health condition, but the majority of them don't get help because of access and affordability issues (80% of therapists don’t directly accept insurance). We're addressing this access problem by building a marketplace that deals with the messiness of insurance behind the scenes, so patients can get affordable in-person therapy covered by insurance.
We’ve raised funding from pre-eminent VCs (backers of Facebook, Linkedin, Slack, Uber, Oscar) and the nation’s most innovative digital healthcare entrepreneurs (founders of One Medical, Flatiron Health, Clover Health--plus the founders of Seamless and Giphy because who doesn't love delivery sushi and GIFs).
We're growing rapidly--we’re already the biggest therapy group in NYC, facilitating thousands of appointments--and in this role you’ll be a key driver of our long-term success by securing partnerships with the general health world.
Join our team and our mission, and do something that matters.
About The Role
Today, a single primary-care physician (PCP) refers five to ten patients each week to therapy. Unfortunately, most of these patients never see a therapist because they simply can’t find one who accepts their insurance. By partnering with PCPs in NY and across the country, Headway can ensure that these patients are able to find therapists to get the care they need.
This channel will be one of the most important drivers of Headway’s continued growth and success, and we’re looking for the right person to build it out.
Working directly with Headway’s founding team, you will be responsible for not just closing deals and driving growth but also for developing the end-to-end playbook for making PCP partnerships a repeatable and scalable growth engine at Headway. And you’ll be instrumental in scaling these partnerships both here in New York and across the country as we launch new markets and make therapy more accessible nationwide.
Requirements and Responsibilities
- 5+ years of sales experience, working with either SMBs or mid-market customers, and you’re equally comfortable building out a playbook as you are managing a team
- You want to work on something socially impactful
- You’ve gone zero to one. Building out a sales playbook is second nature for you.
- You have exceptional communication and sales skills, and you’re just as good at getting someone on the phone as you are at closing the deal.
- You get excited about solving open-ended problems and you love experimenting with new approaches and tactics
- Everyone who knows you describes you as scrappy. You’re more than capable of managing a team but you’re also not afraid to be sole executor until we get there
- Altitude switching comes naturally for you. You are an expert operator, capable of thriving ‘in the weeds’ but you know when to pick your head up and consider the bigger picture