Growth Partnerships Associate, Healthcare
New York /
1 in 4 Americans have a treatable mental health condition, but the majority of them don't get help because of access and affordability issues (80% of therapists don’t directly accept insurance). We're addressing this access problem by building a marketplace that deals with the messiness of insurance behind the scenes, so patients can get affordable in-person therapy covered by insurance.
We’ve raised funding from pre-eminent VCs (backers of Facebook, Linkedin, Slack, Uber, Oscar) and the nation’s most innovative digital healthcare entrepreneurs (founders of One Medical, Flatiron Health, Clover Health).
We're growing rapidly—we’re already the biggest therapy group in the country, facilitating thousands of appointments in New York—and in this role you’ll be a key driver of our long-term success by securing partnerships with the general health world.
Today, a single primary care physician (PCP) refers five to ten patients each week to therapy. Unfortunately, most of these patients never see a therapist because they simply can’t find one who accepts their insurance. By partnering with PCPs, pediatricians, and OBGYNs in NY and across the country, Headway can ensure that these patients are able to find therapists to get the care they need.
This channel will be one of the most important drivers of Headway’s continued growth and success, and we’re looking for the right people to build it out.
You will be responsible for managing multiple opportunities through the entire cycle to successfully activate partnerships and drive growth—all the while helping further develop the playbook to make PCP partnerships a repeatable and scalable growth engine at Headway. You’ll be instrumental in scaling these partnerships both here in New York and across the country as we launch new markets and make therapy more accessible nationwide.
You’ll be a great fit if…
- You are passionate about healthcare and increasing access to mental health.
- You have exceptional communication and sales skills, and you’re just as good at getting someone on the phone as you are at closing the partnership and finding upsell opportunities.
- You thrive in ambiguity and get excited about solving open-ended problems through collaboration and experimentation. You can approach new challenges thoughtfully and analytically.
- You are highly coachable, collaborative, and open to feedback. You can work effectively across functions and can think strategically beyond scope of sales.
- You can be scrappy but still strategic. You are an expert operator, capable of thriving ‘in the weeds’ but you know when to pick your head up and consider the bigger picture.
- You are organized, operationally excellent, and capable of managing a high-volume pipeline.
- You have 2 years of sales or account management (or similar) experience, ideally with healthcare providers or groups.