Client Success Lead
New York /
Headway’s mission is to create access to affordable, quality mental healthcare across the United States.
We all know someone who has struggled with mental health—1 in 4 people have a treatable mental health condition—but the overwhelming majority don’t get the care they need. The primary reason is cost. Eighty percent of therapists don’t accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is usually very, very expensive.
Headway is solving this problem by building a managed marketplace that brings together patients and therapists, and takes care of all the messy insurance stuff behind the scenes. After launching in April of 2019, we are already facilitating thousands of appointments each month, and have the backing of the nation’s preeminent VCs (backers of: Facebook, LinkedIn, Slack, Uber, Oscar), as well as the nation’s most innovative healthcare entrepreneurs (founders of One Medical, Flatiron, and Clover, plus the founders of Seamless and Giphy).
Join our team and our mission, and do something that matters.
About The Role
We are hiring an entrepreneurial leader to be the first in this function and help us define client success at Headway. The Client Success Lead will build the playbook to deepen relationships with the thousands of therapists and psychiatrists working with Headway today and the tens of thousands we’ll be onboarding in the coming months and years to ensure their long-term success and growth with Headway.
We are looking for an experienced leader who can take an ambiguous problem that has never been solved before and run with it. In conjunction with operations leadership and Headway leadership, the Client Success Lead will map out and conduct early experiments to understand what moves the needle, iterate on these experiments and help Headway build the playbook for Client Success at large.
- Prior experience scaling client success, account management or similar function in a startup environment.
- You are driven by hard and ambiguous problems. This job is going to be challenging. We will ask you to build the playbook rather than handing one to you. We’re looking for someone who wants to push themselves professionally and is excited by unsolved problems.
- You have exceptionally high EQ. In this role you will establish and deepen meaningful relationships with Headway’s therapists and psychiatrists. High EQ is essential for your success.
- You have a thick skin, are comfortable thinking on your feet, trying new approaches, and bouncing back when things don’t go your way.
- You want to work for Headway because you believe in the importance of affordable and accessible mental health care, for everyone.