Headway’s mission is to create access to affordable, quality mental healthcare across the United States.
We all know someone who has struggled with mental health—1 in 4 people have a treatable mental health condition—but the overwhelming majority don’t get the care they need. The primary reason is cost. Eighty percent of therapists don’t accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is usually very, very expensive.
Headway is solving this problem by building a managed marketplace that brings together patients and therapists, and takes care of all the messy insurance stuff behind the scenes. After launching in April of 2019, we are already facilitating thousands of appointments each month, and have the backing of the nation’s preeminent VCs (backers of: Facebook, LinkedIn, Slack, Uber, Oscar), as well as the nation’s most innovative healthcare entrepreneurs (founders of One Medical, Flatiron, and Clover, plus the founders of Seamless and Giphy).
Join our team and our mission, and do something that matters.
About The Role
As a member of the quickly growing operations team, you are responsible for building the operational infrastructure to scale Headway to dozens of new cities, tackle a $30 billion dollar a year market, and create access to affordable mental healthcare across the country.
You are both operationally excellent and highly empathetic. You are hungry and astute, fired up to dive into the weeds and power through unglamorous work, and also keen to pick your head up and find a better, smarter, more scalable way forward. You challenge the status quo, and want to work in a place where the best idea wins.
In this role, you will work closely with Heads of Operation, Product, and Growth to shape the future of Headway.
- 2+ years of work experience in a role that requires a high degree of operational excellence, grit, and analytical problem solving.
- Proven communication skills in a client facing role, able to convey complex, abstract complex in crisp, simple terms
- Highly empathetic, eager to see problems from others perspective
- Mission oriented, eager to deploy your skills to make the world a better place
- (preferred) experience in a tech startup and/or mental healthcare environment