New York /
Headway’s mission is to create access to affordable, quality mental healthcare across the United States.
We all know someone who has struggled with mental health—1 in 4 people have a treatable mental health condition—but the overwhelming majority don’t get the care they need. The primary reason is cost. Eighty percent of therapists don’t accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is usually very, very expensive.
Headway is solving this problem by building a managed marketplace that brings together patients and therapists, and takes care of all the messy insurance stuff behind the scenes. After launching in April of 2019, we are already facilitating thousands of appointments each month, and have the backing of the nation’s preeminent VCs (backers of: Facebook, LinkedIn, Slack, Uber, Oscar), as well as the nation’s most innovative healthcare entrepreneurs (founders of One Medical, Flatiron, and Clover, plus the founders of Seamless and Giphy).
Join our team and our mission, and do something that matters.
About The Role
Your core role is to lead product, but you will contribute across the business to make us better as we build out a marketplace with a network of therapists united by software, that is orders of magnitude bigger than anything that has been built before.
- As the first dedicated product person at Headway, you will lead development of consumer-facing product, therapist-facing product, and internal tools that help us scale.
- With input from the CEO, engineering, and broader team, you will own the short and long-term product roadmap.
- On day one you will develop hypotheses on changes you'd like to make to our customer- and therapist-facing products, and a plan to confirm these hypotheses and learn from our customers.
- You are customer obsessed and outgoing. You enjoy working closely with our consumers, with our therapists, and with the team here at Headway to build great product and a strong team.
- You are data driven--building models, asking questions, and delivering answers drive core product and strategic decisions.
- You want to work on something socially impactful.
- You have 5+ years of experience owning and executing product.
- You’re analytical, experimental, and creative. You know when to use data, but you also have the vision to operate in areas where there are none.
- You’re scrappy. While you’ll build out a playbook for others to execute in the future, you’re not afraid to be a sole executor in the present.
- You’ve launched marketplace geographies before OR you’ve worked in the healthcare space. Kudos if you’ve done both.
- Scaling experience. You know how the team, systems, and processes will evolve through our next few rounds of funding.
- You have the empathy to match your intelligence.