New York /
Headway is building a new mental healthcare system, rewired for access and affordability.
We all know someone that has struggled with mental health - 1 in 4 people have a treatable mental health condition - but the overwhelming majority don’t get the care they need. The primary reason is cost - eighty percent of therapists don’t accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is usually very, very expensive.
Headway is building the first national, virtual network of therapists who accept insurance, helping providers to expand their practices, and individuals to finally find a therapist they can afford. And we’re doing it all through software.
We launched in April of 2019 and are already powering thousands of therapy appointments every single day. To scale our mission, we’ve raised funding from the world’s preeminent VCs (backers of Facebook, LinkedIn, Slack, Uber, Oscar) as well as the nation’s most innovative healthcare entrepreneurs (founders of One Medical, Flatiron Health, and Clover Health).
We believe a team's strength is in its people. Headway is solving a national problem of affordability, and we know this cannot be achieved without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, and experience.
Join us, and make an impact.
About The Role
As a member of the Operations team, you will own the voice of Headway on our front lines, find ways to connect clients with the therapy they seek, gracefully address and resolve client concerns at key moments in their lives, and support therapists as they build their practices with Headway.
You will manage unexpected and complex situations and write the playbook for a team that will be built around you. You will work closely with the rest of the operations team, product and engineering to build out the systems, processes, and products that will allow us to scale our impact.
You'll be a great fit if...
- You have 2+ years experience in operations or customer facing role.
- You fix problems and take initiative. You don’t just solve the problem in front of you for one person, you help Headway become better so that the problems you’re seeing stop being problems altogether.
- You want to learn and grow. You view this role as an opportunity to learn from a talented team and are excited to take on more responsibility at Headway over time.
- You work hard. You know that doing what’s best for Headway’s therapists and clients means going the extra mile, whether that’s a call to an insurance company, a complex therapist conversation, or something completely unexpected.
- You make people smile. You are warm and friendly and know how to connect with people whether in person, over the phone, or over email.
- You believe in our mission. You want to work for Headway because you believe in the importance of affordable and accessible mental healthcare for everyone.