Provider Growth Associate
New York /
Headway is building a new mental healthcare system, rewired for access and affordability.
We all know someone that has struggled with mental health - 1 in 4 people have a treatable mental health condition - but the overwhelming majority don’t get the care they need. The primary reason is cost - eighty percent of therapists don’t accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is usually very, very expensive.
Headway is building the first national, virtual network of therapists who accept insurance, helping providers to expand their practices, and individuals to finally find a therapist they can afford. And we’re doing it all through software.
We launched in April of 2019 and are already powering thousands of therapy appointments every single day. To scale our mission, we’ve raised funding from the world’s preeminent VCs (backers of Facebook, LinkedIn, Slack, Uber, Oscar) as well as the nation’s most innovative healthcare entrepreneurs (founders of One Medical, Flatiron Health, and Clover Health).
We believe a team's strength is in its people. Headway is solving a national problem of affordability, and we know this cannot be achieved without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, and experience.
Join us, and make an impact.
About The Role
As a member of our Provider Growth team, reporting to one of Headway’s cofounders, you’ll be instrumental in developing and executing the playbook that allows us to grow our community of providers, strengthen our business and further increase access to quality care for those who need it.
As a sales expert in a highly entrepreneurial environment, you’ll identify promising growth channels, generate leads, close deals and design a repeatable sales process that will support our mission of solving America’s mental health crisis.
You’re our front door for therapists, so in addition to representing our business and brand, you’ll work cross-functionally to translate the insights you glean from your sales process into products and processes that help us execute on our mission.
You'll be a great fit if...
- You have 1+ years experience in consultative sales or consumer sales (bonus points if you’ve done this in a startup environment, or sold to small businesses before)
- You know how to connect with people whether in person, over the phone, or over email.
- You have a deep work ethic and the desire to always get better.
- You like to be challenged and push yourself to get better every day and in every pitch.
- You have a thick skin, comfortable thinking on your feet, trying new approaches, and bouncing back when things don’t go your way.
- You take a scientific approach to growth, experimenting with a variety of tactics to discover how to generate leads and sell. And you have the analytical ability to identify which channels warrant more investment, and which we should avoid.
- You want to learn and grow. You view this role as an opportunity to learn from a bright and talented team and are excited to take on more responsibility at Headway over time.
- You believe in our mission.
- You want to work for Headway because you believe in the importance of affordable and accessible mental health care, for everyone.