Headway’s mission is to create access to affordable, quality mental healthcare across the United States.
We all know someone who has struggled with mental health—1 in 4 people have a treatable mental health condition—but the overwhelming majority don’t get the care they need. The primary reason is cost. Eighty percent of therapists don’t accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is usually very, very expensive.
Headway is solving this problem by building a new model of managed marketplace that brings together patients and therapists, taking care of the messy insurance stuff behind the scenes.
As one of NYC's fastest-growing startups and recognized in Business Insider as one of the 72 startups that will boom in 2020, we're already facilitating thousands of appointments each month since our April 2019 launch. We have the backing of the nation’s preeminent VCs (backers of: Facebook, LinkedIn, Slack, Uber, Oscar), as well as the nation’s most innovative healthcare entrepreneurs (founders of One Medical, Flatiron, and Clover, plus the founders of Seamless and Giphy).
Join our team, our mission, and do something that matters.
About The Role
This is an opportunity to be the first marketer at a mission-driven startup, backed by top-tier investors, that’s growing rapidly and already reached product-market-fit strictly through organic channels. You will elevate one of the nation’s most promising startups into an enduring brand.
Given the nature of this role, your mandate, authority, and influence will be broad: accelerate our patient growth to keep up with the torrid pace of our provider growth through any channels at your disposal: top-of-the-funnel SEM campaigns; full lifecycle digital marketing (email and product) for activation, reactivation, retention; managing our presence across social and external channels; etc.
You will report directly to the CEO, but work intimately with product, engineering, and business operations.
- You have 5+ years experience leading campaigns: you’ve done it from conception to execution throughout the full user lifecycle (top-of-funnel, to activation, to retention), across multiple channels (SEM, email, web, app) for successful startups or consumer brands.
- Your skill set marries the analytical and the creative: you’re equally comfortable digging in an excel spreadsheet as crafting the perfect headline.
- You’re entrepreneurial: you’re not afraid to launch into something solo, nor afraid to nix a project, campaign, or channel in favor of something of more strategic value.
- While you have experience managing, you’re ready to get it right as a team of one before helping grow the team.
- You’re highly empathic: you’re adept at understanding consumer needs, and have the tact to help navigate people along their mental health journey—during what is often the most trying moments of their lives.
- You’re mission-oriented: you’re excited to do what will hopefully be the most meaningful work of your career.
- As a bonus, maybe you’ve done external partnerships, BD, or Sales: you want even more responsibility? Great. We’ve got boundless opportunity.