Headway’s mission is to create access to affordable, quality mental healthcare across the United States.
We all know someone who has struggled with mental health - 1 in 4 people have a treatable mental health condition - but the overwhelming majority don’t get the care they need. The primary reason is cost - 80% of therapists don’t accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is usually very, very expensive.
Headway is solving this problem by building a managed marketplace that brings together patients and therapists, and takes care of all the messy insurance stuff behind the scenes. After launching in April of 2019, we are already facilitating thousands of appointments each month, and have the backing of the nation’s preeminent VCs (backers of: Facebook, LinkedIn, Slack, Uber, Oscar), as well as the nation’s most innovative healthcare entrepreneurs (founders of: One Medical, Flatiron, and Clover, plus the founders of Seamless and Giphy).
Join our team and our mission, and do something that matters.
About The Role
As a member of the Operations team, you will own the voice of Headway on our front lines, find ways to connect clients with the therapy they seek, gracefully address and resolve client concerns at key moments in their lives, and support therapists as they build their practices with Headway. You will learn how to deal with unexpected situations and write the playbook for a team that will be built around you. You will work closely with our heads of Operations, Product, and Engineering to build out the systems, processes, and products that will allow us to scale our impact.
- 1+ years experience in Customer Experience or Operations role.
- You get the little things right. You go the extra mile for our customers, whether that means helping someone prepare for their first ever therapy session or understand complicated insurance benefits.
- You fix problems and take initiative. You don’t just solve the problem in front of you for one customer, you help Headway become better so that the customer problems you’re seeing stop being problems altogether.
- You make people smile. You are warm and friendly and know how to connect with people whether in person, over the phone, or over email.
- You work hard. You know that doing what’s best for Headway’s customers means going the extra mile, whether that’s a call to their insurance company, a conversation with their therapist on their behalf, or something completely unexpected.
- You want to learn and grow. You view this role as an opportunity to learn from a bright and talented team and are excited to take on more responsibility at Headway over time.
- You believe in our mission. You want to work for Headway because you believe in the importance of affordable and accessible mental healthcare for everyone.