New York /
Headway’s mission is to create access to affordable, quality mental healthcare across the United States.
We all know someone who has struggled with mental health—1 in 4 people have a treatable mental health condition—but the overwhelming majority don’t get the care they need. The primary reason is cost. Eighty percent of therapists don’t accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is usually very, very expensive.
Headway is solving this problem by building a managed marketplace that brings together patients and therapists, and takes care of all the messy insurance stuff behind the scenes. After launching in April of 2019, we are already facilitating thousands of appointments each month, and have the backing of the nation’s preeminent VCs (backers of: Facebook, LinkedIn, Slack, Uber, Oscar), as well as the nation’s most innovative healthcare entrepreneurs (founders of: One Medical, Flatiron, and Clover, plus the founders of Seamless and Giphy).
Join our team and our mission, and do something that matters.
About the Role:
The Medical Director position is a leadership role responsible for planning and directing the clinical aspects of Headway’s programs. Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, this position is the champion for clinical quality, oversees related policies, procedures and practice guidelines and contributes to the development of new product offerings within the portfolio.
Additionally, the role engages in on-going activities in support of the company’s mission, playing an active role in the provider lifecycle (recruiting, onboarding and communication initiatives) and representing Headway to external stakeholders (i.e. clients, prospects, media, and government entities).
This is a part-time (5 hours per week) position that allows for mutually agreed upon flexibility to accommodate an active clinical practice outside of the company.
- Medical Degree, Board Certification and Medical License in good standing
Responsibilities and Requirements
- What you will do:
- Review and approve new group members into Headway’s Practice GroupEstablish, maintain and communicate appropriate policies, procedures and clinical practice guidelines that deliver top quality behavioral health services
- Partner with the Operations team to ensure the delivery of our behavioral health services are reliable, measurable and of high quality
- Collaborate with the credentialing teams to ensure effective credentialing criteria that attract and retain providers (such as psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers and allied health professionals)
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop strategies and action plans that measure and retain high quality providers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- What we are looking for:
- Strong business acumen and operational mindsetAbility to communicate with and inspire both clinical and non-clinical audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Active in behavioral health network associations and passion for staying up to date on trends in the field
- 2+ years of clinical practice within behavioral health with an active clinical practice required; active or prior leadership position in healthcare organization
- Very competitive salary & equity compensation
- Awesome people to work with
- Becoming a part of a movement and building something that matters