Sydney, NSW OR Remote, United States /
Medical – Medical /
Welcome to HealthMatch!
At HealthMatch, we’re on a mission to accelerate Medicine by putting patients at the heart of the drug development process. We’re starting by transforming the way they connect with clinical trials; bringing a patient- and digital-first approach that makes it faster and easier to access innovative therapies and life-saving medications than has ever been possible before. We sit right at the intersection of Medicine and technology, and are constantly innovating to drive better outcomes for our patients.
80% of clinical trials are delayed because they can’t find the patients to help; and patients don’t know how to engage with them. We’re closing that gap, using our in-house technology to match the right patients with the right trials as seamlessly as possible.
We launched in the US at the end of 2021, and have seen incredible traction since then. HealthMatch has grown to over 1 million users worldwide and has connected them to over 6,000 trials, and we are just getting started. We are backed by some of Australia’s most successful investors (Square Peg, Folklore) and are looking for driven people to continue to scale the HealthMatch platform.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Everyone on our team is driven by our mission to accelerate medical research. Everything we do challenges long-established processes and ways of working - we are most excited about meeting people who share our focus on the patient and are unafraid of the challenges we will encounter as we work to transform an industry. Your experience will get you an interview, your passion and drive will get you on the team.
To be effective as a HealthMatch Medical Director , we think you’ll need a few things:
- Medical Degree: MBBS or MD with at least 3 years of clinical experience
- Experience in medical affairs, clinical research and/or a health-technology startup is highly desired
- Experience with basic research (preferably published in peer-reviewed journals) and an understanding of the drug discovery and drug development process
- Ability to discuss medical and scientific content to multiple audiences, across internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – you’ll be working closely with our leadership team, wider team members and customers to drive great outcomes for our patients
- Excellent bedside manner – you’ll be one of our primary interfaces with patients and will need to be able to quickly and empathetically understand their health context to assess their suitability for our sponsored clinical trials
- Natural problem-solving instincts – to engage with complexity, cut through it and make decisions quickly (and to help others see how you got there!)
No single day in a high-growth startup is the same but you can expect to be doing some of the following:
- Being the key medical point of contact for pharmaceutical, biotechnology and CRO customers, assisting with the interpretation of their clinical trial protocols onto the HealthMatch technology platform
- Speaking with key patient user groups to provide support and care through their journey with HealthMatch
- Serving as a Medical subject matter expert during internal discussions around key product, operational or clinical decisions
- Maintaining the medical integrity of our trials database and contributing to the build out of HealthMatch’s inhouse-developed medical ontology
- Drafting and publishing medical white papers to educate the medical community on new areas of medical research relevant to our patient user groups
- Liaising with key medical opinion leaders to educate them on the HealthMatch platform and its potential benefits to their patients
When you apply, please tell us about the things you’ve done to make you who you are (think your LinkedIn and/or CV), but don’t stop there - we want to hear more about your future: your connection with our mission (to accelerate medical research by putting patients at the heart of the drug development process) and what you think that you (and only you!) can bring to the team.
HealthMatch prides itself on its diverse and inclusive culture. We are an equal opportunity workplace and evaluate qualified applicants without regard to cultural background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or anything else.