Founding Software Engineer
San Francisco /
HealthLeap is improving health through better nutrition, by giving healthcare professionals the tools they need to do their best. Since January 2022, we've raised over $1m, from investors like Fifty Years and Cedars-Sinai. We're establishing a founding team to help develop our app, which assists healthcare professionals in better treating and preventing disease-related malnutrition. Malnutrition in hospitals worsens health outcomes for nearly all patients and is associated with a 3-5x increase in mortality during a hospital stay. It affects 30-50% of patients, while only 5% are diagnosed.
As a founding engineer, you will own the core app development work and become a leader in the engineering team as it grows. You and our CTO will collaborate on development of our mobile and web app, integrations (e.g. EHR), data pipelines, and website. We love understanding how things work and have a strong drive to build technology that could improve the lives of millions. You will perform best in our team if you are product-focused, care about iterating on user feedback, have a high standard for quality software, and are deeply motivated to improve healthcare.
Who you are
- Skilled engineer, driven by UX, and best-practice SDLC
- Passionate about improving healthcare
- Curious, and always looking to learn
- Entrepreneur, a founder or early employee at a startup
- Proactive, a leader who's autonomous and self-driven
- Great communicator and team player
- React Native
- AWS DynamoDB, AppSync, Lambda, Cognito, CloudFormation, etc.
- EHR integration
- Competitive salary and highly competitive equity
- Generous equipment budget
- Health, dental, and vision
- 401(k) with matching
- Self-driven high performance culture
- Company values supporting well-being and diversity
Some facts about our co-founders: Our CTO, Ray, has been coding for most of his life and previously co-founded a profitable blockchain/AI startup when he was 21, which grew to a valuation of over $250m. CEO Josiah has been launching ventures since he was 13, paying for him to pursue his interests in international maths competitions. Josiah led product teams at two previous startups. Co-founder Jemima is a clinical dietitian passionate about fixing systemic issues in healthcare, she hacked together an early version of our product as a spreadsheet for her colleagues at a South African hospital.