Freelance Medical Reviewer
Freelance Opportunities – Freelance Opportunities
Healthline.com is the fastest-growing health information site on the planet. Every month, over 85 million people count on our talented teams to support, guide and inspire them toward the best possible health outcomes for themselves and their families. We create authoritative content that’s highly relevant, approachable and actionable. And we complement that with a culture of genuine compassion. In short, we’re changing the consumer health information business and we need exceptional people like you to help us do it. If you share our vision for a stronger, healthier world please explore Healthline Media and let’s talk.
Healthline prides itself on our authoritative content so we're very pleased that healthseekers have made us the fastest growing consumer health site. We're looking for exceptional health and medical experts to help us ensure that our content is accurate, appropriate, trustworthy, and empathetic.
In this consulting role, you'll provide guidance, feedback, and medical expertise to our editorial team. We're looking for medical professionals to help make our broad scope of consumer health content — articles, mobile apps, videos, slideshows, and medical illustrations — the gold standard on the Web.
- Provide valuable medical scope and context by advising our editorial and content development teams.
- Review our content to ensure medical accuracy and appropriateness for our consumer health audiences.
- Answer health-related questions from readers.
- Provide your medical point of view on a variety of topics.
What you need to know
- The amount of work will depend on our content topic needs and your availability.
- We'll assign content for review based on your areas of expertise via a cloud-based file management system; each content piece takes, on average, about 30 minutes to review.
- We'll compensate you at an hourly rate. You'll invoice us through Bill.com and receive payment on a monthly basis.
- We encourage you to spend time exploring Healthline.com to get a sense of the empathetic and actionable style of our content. You'll also see how we emphasize the importance of our medical content reviewers.
- Specialist in:
Healthline Media is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended and applicable state and local law. No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination on the basis of these factors. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise your recruiter.