Freelance Photo Editor- Healthline UK
Medical News Today – MedicalNewsToday.com
Healthline.com is the fastest-growing health information site on the planet. Every month, over 100 million people count on our talented teams to support, guide and inspire them toward the best possible health outcomes for themselves and their families. We create authoritative content that’s highly relevant, approachable and actionable. And we complement that with a culture of genuine compassion. In short, we’re changing the consumer health information business and we need exceptional people like you to help us do it. If you share our vision for a stronger, healthier world please explore Healthline Media and let’s talk.
Healthline has also recently become a certified "Great Place to Work" You can check out our review and get a better idea of what it's like to work @ Healthline here: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/healthline
Brighton and Hove
Closing date: 31/07/2018
Medical News Today, a part of Healthline Media UK, ranks among the top 10 health websites in the world. The site receives more than 30 million monthly visits.
Medical News Today is looking for a Freelance Photo Editor to assist the editorial and production teams.
As photo editor, you will need to be reliable, quick, and creative, as this is a fast-paced digital environment that produces over 400 articles per month.
You'll need excellent communication skills to meet deadlines and overcome roadblocks. The right candidate must be able to work independently but also thrive on collaboration, and will hit the ground running.
• Experience researching and downloading editorial, medical and lifestyle imagery that’s both compelling and on-brand
• Familiarity with stock agencies and image copyright laws and regulations
• Photoshop experience: cropping, siloing, retouching, creating compositions and saving for web
• Able to handle multiple tasks at a time and comfortable with short deadlines
• Knowledge of pop culture, news, and the latest trends in health, fitness, and lifestyle
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Photo and video research for multiple types of content
• Ensure sources are acceptable and properly cited
• Purchasing images from stock agencies and other sources
• Cropping for individual website specifications
• Optimizing images for web use
• Utilizing and adding to our Digital Asset Management System – Flight by Canto
• Light retouching and color correcting
This position is freelance with the opportunity for full-time employment.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter to Honor Whiteman.
Healthline Media UK
Healthline Media is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended and applicable state and local law. No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination on the basis of these factors. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise your recruiter.