Senior Product Manager - Content Discovery & Site UX
San Francisco, CA
Product – Product Management
Healthline.com is the fastest growing health information brand, the 2nd largest health site in the US (per comScore) and reaches over 150 million people a month globally. The business is high growth and solidly profitable, employing ~300 people in San Francisco, New York and the UK. We are a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world.
Healthline is a certified Great Place to Work and has been named to the Top 5 in Ad Age's Best Places to Work in 2019. Check out these links to learn more about what it's like to work at Healthline Media.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Content Discovery and Site UX team's mission is to help users discover content that addresses their needs and have the best-in-class user journey with Healthline.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager of Content Discovery and Site UX. You'll create a world class site user experience that instills confidence in the Healthline brand and content while inspires actions toward healthier outcomes. You’ll develop a deep understanding of our user base that will inform not simply what content to show a user based on similar topics, but what to surface based on empathy for the underlying need that brought them to our site in the first place.
- 5+ years product management experience, with significant B2C product background.
- You grok (and rock) BOTH user experience and testing to find product/market fit.
- Experience with information architecture, content recommendation and site navigation in both desktop and mobile settings.
- Have successfully owned metrics associated with site engagement for a highly trafficked web property.
- Nice to haves: experience in the health and wellness space, experience with search.
- Create and execute vision and strategy for creating a site experience that connects users with everything Healthline can bring to bear to help their underlying needs.
- Develop a deep understanding of the needs of our audience with hard data and conversations with users and evangelize those learnings within the organization.
- Maximize value of site real-estate by prioritizing between competing elements with disparate goals.
- Align stakeholders, set the product roadmap, prioritize features, build consensus, and coordinate product schedules with business teams, engineers and/or independent contractors to ship high-quality experiences.
- Own and write product specifications and user stories.
- Lead and collaborate on launch and go-to-market strategy.
- Foster a culture of testing, data-driven decision making, and accountability for metrics and results.
THE REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- You love owning deep experiences that can profoundly affect user’s well-being.
- You think out of the box to solve complex problems. You make more hypotheses than assumptions and test cheaply to prove or disprove the hypotheses.
- You want to build new products and experiences, not just maintain them.
- You want to be accountable for the customer and the business.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT HEALTHLINE
- You’ll hear us talk a lot about culture and the LEADER mindset at Healthline - because we know our people, and how we work together, drive our success and differentiate the impact we have on the world.
- Our CULTURE embraces: High Expectations, Feedback, Improvement, Recovery and Celebration.
- Our MINDSET brings to work: Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Discipline, Effort and Respect.
- These BEHAVIORS reflect the values that are important to us: Empathy, Collaboration, Ingenuity, Integrity, Joyful/Healthful Living.
- We’re a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world.
- We work together to achieve our mission with humility and genuine respect for each member of our team.
- We’re smart, innovative, and inspiring changemakers.
- Transparency and honesty earn us the trust of each other and our users.
- We empathize with our users and are committed to being their true ally in their lifelong pursuit of health and well-being.
- We have fun, live well, and promote good health. We’re proving that you can work hard and be happy.
- We’ve got cozy canine companions in the SF office. Pooches make Healthline HQ fun!
- Our smart, experienced leadership team wants to do it right and is open to new ideas.
- We offer competitive compensation packages, one day/week remote option and comprehensive health benefits.
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! Please apply and let’s explore this together.
Healthline Media is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended and applicable state and local law. No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination on the basis of these factors. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise your recruiter.