Photo Editor - Greatist.com
Design – Design
Healthline.com is the fastest growing health information brand, the 2nd largest health site in the US (per comScore) and reaches over 125 million people a month globally. The business is high growth and solidly profitable, employing ~300 people in San Francisco, New York and the UK. We are a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world.
Healthline is a certified Great Place to Work and has been named to the Top 5 in Ad Age's Best Places to Work in 2019. Check out these links to learn more about what it's like to work at Healthline Media.
Greatist - a part of Healthline Media - is on a mission to change the way people think about health, fitness and overall well-being. It’s an amazing time to be a part of our company as we focus on growing our reach with our proven quality-first editorial model.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Healthline is actively seeking an innovative, hyper-creative, Photo Editor to elevate the visual execution of our content on Greatist.com. As a Photo Editor, you will provide inspired, artistic and accurate imagery that furthers our storytelling and enhances our brand standards. You will work cross-departmentally on the Design team and will report to the Senior Managing Photo Editor. You must be highly collaborative and fueled by the desire to advance our brand within the health and media categories by winning over the hearts and minds of our audience.
You will need to be reliable, quick, and creative, as this is a fast-paced digital environment that produces over 1000 articles per month. You'll need excellent communication skills to nail deadlines and smash roadblocks. The right candidate must be able to work independently but also thrive on collaboration, and will hit the ground running.
We are open to location and considering remotely-based candidates.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A strong portfolio and 2 to 4 years of experience as a Photo Editor.
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and graphic design experience: cropping, siloing, retouching, creating compositions and collages, adding text and saving for web.
- Experience working with stock photography sites - including Getty Images and Stocksy.
- Ability to quickly scan through stock imagery and select images that are creative, accurate, and on-brand.
- Experience working with Digital Asset Management Systems.
- The confidence to explain and support your thinking, both internally and externally.
- Media, health and wellness experience is a plus.
- The resilience to perform under pressure and deliver high-quality work to tight deadlines in a very fast-paced environment.
- An innovative approach to photography and the ways in which images are utilized. A background in sourcing lifestyle imagery is a plus.
- A proven track record of success. Awards are cool, results are cooler.
- Ability to take direction well and work as a team.
- You have a strong knowledge of photography, copyright, image manipulation, illustration, and video.
- Partner with design, editorial, social, product and marketing on photo research, selection and optimization for editorial content, social campaigns and marketing content.
- Purchase image from stock agencies and other sites, ensuring sources are acceptable and properly cited.
- Keep a high standard of visual execution and brand consistency across all imagery.
- Crop, retouch and optimize images for individual website specifications.
- Concept and design assets, including mini infographics, video, GIFs, social share visuals, quote cards, cover photos and more for the website and our social channels.
- Utilize and add assets to our Digital Asset Management System.
THE REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- You’re energized by our vision to create a stronger, healthier world and you empathize with our audience.
- You’re a natural born collaborator with a proven ability to work across teams to get things done.
- You have a passion and broad understanding of photography, brand, social media, design and layout.
- You have good awareness of digital media and social platforms.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT HEALTHLINE
- You’ll hear us talk a lot about culture and the LEADER mindset at Healthline - because we know our people, and how we work together, drive our success and differentiate the impact we have on the world.
- Our CULTURE embraces: High Expectations, Feedback, Improvement, Recovery and Celebration
- Our MINDSET brings to work: Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Discipline, Effort and Respect
- These BEHAVIORS reflect the values that are important to us: Empathy, Collaboration, Ingenuity, Integrity, Joyful/Healthful Living
- We’re a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world.
- We work together to achieve our mission with humility and genuine respect for each member of our team.
- We’re smart, innovative, and inspiring change makers.
- Transparency and honesty earn us the trust of each other and our users.
- We empathize with our users and are committed to being their true ally in their lifelong pursuit of health and well-being.
- We have fun, live well, and promote good health. We’re proving that you can work hard and be happy.
- We’ve got cozy canine companions in the office. Pooches make Healthline HQ fun!
- Our smart, experienced leadership team wants to do it right and is open to new ideas.
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! Please apply and let’s explore this together.
Healthline Media is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended and applicable state and local law. No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination on the basis of these factors. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise your recruiter.