Agency Account Manager
We are a profitable and fast growing healthcare startup -- a small and mighty team of ~40 helping people find, enroll in and use ACA health coverage. We’ve doubled in each of the past two years and are now the largest ACA enrollment platform afterHealthcare.gov, having helped over 1.8 Million people enroll in health coverage. We're a mission-driven team who advocate for and care deeply about the people we serve.
We are a double bottom line company, which are 1) revenues and 2) enrollments in ACA coverage. Uniquely in our space, we only facilitate enrollment in on-exchange coverage. The ACA brings high quality, comprehensive and affordable health coverage within reach for low income Americans. We exist to make that promise a reality.
We are looking for an Agency Account Manager to join our rapidly growing team. You will help lead the vision and execution of the agency engagement strategies and to expand HealthSherpa’s reach. You will ensure that our brokers and agencies have the best engagement possible with HealthSherpa's systems, processes, and people.
You will report directly to the Director of Strategic Accounts and have the opportunity to make substantial contributions to the HealthSherpa Agency engagement.
- Responsible for the development, training and ongoing maintenance of an effective and efficient broker channel
- Identify, recruit, and train new & existing General Agencies (GA) and brokers to use the HealthSherpa enrollment platform for all ACA enrollment activities, including referring out of area clients
- Develop a high functioning, high performing broker network which is strategically aligned with HealthSherpa’s mission and values.
- Utilize a combination of recruitment, mentoring, education/training, and channel management techniques to ensure brokers meet objectives and enrollment targets
- Assume accountability for the broker networks contribution to HealthSherpa’s enrollment volume, referral, renewal, and retention goals.
- Ensure brokers follow CMS and State guidelines, along with basic ethical sales practices and adhere to established policies, procedures and industry best practices
- Participate in Special Investigations that involve assigned Agency/broker/agent partnerships
- Work in collaboration with other internal HealthSherpa teams and departments, such as: Agency Account Managers, broker sales, broker support, Directors, and VPs as needed
- Responsible to support all aspects of agency/agent/broker trainings, compliant system usage, goal attainment, relationship and account management.
- Facilitate all ongoing relationship management activities for existing GAs and brokers
- Develop and implement an annual “territory marketing plan” to maximize system usage, enrollment and referral targets from assigned agencies
- Engage and participate in the development and implementation of Agency and Broker trainings
- Assist in business development strategies
- Generate regular reports on each GA to understand productivity
- Work as liaison between Agency/Broker and HealthSherpa
- Assist with Agency/Broker meetings and ongoing trainings
- Engage with management and peer team members to provide feedback, accept feedback, and contribute to an exceptional work environment
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience:
- Required Experience
- 2 - 4 years health/insurance related sales
- Direct to consumer or Business to Business (B2B) selling
- Sales management in a matrix management environment
- Relationship building and business development
- Maintain a valid driver's license and acceptable driver's record
- Proficient computer skills to access customer information, utilizing technology to effectively communicate with customers and coworkers
- Ability to travel 15% of the time
- Preferred License, Certification, Association
- Life & Health (Disability) Agent producer license
- Preferred Experience
- membership in related service organizations
What we offer:
- Meaningful equity in a high growth, profitable, social impact company
- Health, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and dependents
- 401K after grace period
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Catered or restaurant lunch, daily
- Free parking
Employees may, among other things, be required to undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts, and as a prerequisite to employment candidates may be asked to consent to a due diligence/background investigation. As a condition to hiring and continued employment, we require all employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles.
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome and encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US.