Software Engineer, Frontend
Northern California, CA
We are a profitable and growing team of ~40 helping people find, enroll in and use ACA health coverage. We have doubled enrollments and revenue in each of the last three years and are now at an eight-figure run rate. We are the largest ACA enrollment platform after Healthcare.gov, having helped over 3 Million people enroll in health coverage. We're a mission-driven team who advocates & cares for the people we serve.
We are a double bottom line company. Our two bottom lines are revenue and enrollments in ACA coverage. The ACA brings high-quality, comprehensive and affordable health coverage within reach for many low income Americans. We exist to make that promise a reality especially during the extraordinary and unfortunate circumstances of this pandemic.
About the role
We’re looking for a Frontend Software Engineer to join us as we continue to grow. We're looking for someone who approaches their work with the end consumer top of mind. You have a background and interest in frontend development, and enjoy putting in the time to achieve exceptional user experiences. You believe in using data and analysis to form conclusions and refine thinking. You'll report to the CTO and Founder and work with the other founders as well. You'll have a meaningful impact on the direction of the product and company.
- Build performant and user-friendly web applications that achieve enrollment goals
- Participate in code reviews and thoughtfully provide constructive feedback
- Work with product / ux designers to identify & design new features
- Work with other team members like sales, marketing, founders and more to achieve our goals
- Analyze data to improve the product and company operations
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 2+ years of React.js experience
- Experience building high traffic consumer applications, or customer acquisition funnels
- Experience with cross browser, cross device, and web speed considerations
- Appreciation for quality of code and quality of user experience
- Passionate about increasing access to healthcare
Nice to have
- Experience with startups
- Experience in healthcare or health insurance
- SQL proficiency
- Familiar with React / Redux & Rails
What HealthSherpa offers
- Great compensation package including meaningful equity in a high growth, profitable company
- Health, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and dependents
- 401K after grace period
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Catered or restaurant lunch, daily
- Parking / Commuter benefit
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other, respect one another and welcome different lived experiences. We encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.
Physical requirements & work conditions
- Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment
- Physically able to reach, stretch, bend, walk, and navigate stairways
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees may, among other things, be required to undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts, and as a prerequisite to employment candidates may be asked to consent to a due diligence/background investigation. As a condition to hiring and continued employment, we require all employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles.