Sacramento, CA /
We are a profitable and fast-growing healthcare startup – a small and mighty team of around 50, helping people to find, enroll in, and use ACA health coverage. We’ve doubled in each of the past three years and are now the largest ACA enrollment platform after healthcare.gov, having helped over 5 million people enroll in health coverage. We're a mission-driven team that advocates for and cares deeply about the people we serve.
We are a double bottom-line company: revenues and enrollments in ACA coverage. The ACA brings high-quality, comprehensive, and affordable health coverage within reach for low-income Americans – and we exist to make that promise a reality. Your contribution will positively impact millions of people, helping them to navigate the complex and confusing health insurance industry and to access health care when they need it.
About the role
Reporting to the Director of Agency Operations, you will join a motivated, fun-loving team growing the effectiveness of our relationship with insurance carriers and agents. This is the team responsible for preserving operational aspects of carrier/agent relationships, providing valuable support to insurance carriers through extraordinary tactical execution.
- You will manage communication with carriers/Field Marketing Organizations regarding licensing and contracting.
- You will ensure the secure collection and appropriate storage of W9 documentation from all insurance agents contracted with HealthSherpa.
- You will manage the storage and secure disposal of various documents containing personally identifiable information (PII).
- You will ensure that all commissions from insurance carriers are booked and deposited.
- You will collect performance-oriented data on insurance carrier commissions, delinquencies, and terminations.
- You will maintain the insurance carrier commission schedule and keep all Book-of-Business records current.
- You will ensure that all insurance licenses and associated documentation are kept current (e.g., 50-state company licensure, HealthSherpa employees’ licensure).
- You will communicate with insurance carriers to ensure that all contracting requirements are met for initial contracts or renewal of existing contracts.
- You will have the opportunity to inform the direction of the role as your responsibilities and our team grow.
- While this is a remote-friendly role, you will need to be able to be present in person at our Sacramento office at least one day per week.
- You are proficient with the Mac OS and Google applications.
- You have experience managing a high-volume workload that is important to the success of the business.
- You are comfortable managing competing priorities and ambiguity.
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to produce high-quality results on projects with many moving parts.
Nice to Have
- You are familiar with GSheets/Excel (including but not limited to formulas, conditional formatting, charts, etc.).
- You have experience handling sensitive data with care.
- You have proven results with data entry or transcription.
What We Offer
- Great compensation package and meaningful equity in a high-growth, profitable company
- Health, vision, and dental coverage for you, your spouse, and dependents
- A shiny Mac and the other productivity accessories you need
- 401K after a grace period
- Ample vacation and holidays
- Catered or restaurant lunch, daily
- Free parking/commuter benefit
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other, respect one another, and welcome different lived experiences. We encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities, and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.