Agency Account Manager
We are a very profitable and fast-growing healthcare startup -- a small and mighty team of 50 helping people find, enroll in, and use ACA health coverage. We’ve doubled in each of the past two years and are now the largest ACA enrollment platform after Healthcare.gov, having helped over 1.8 million people enroll in health coverage. We're a mission-driven team that advocates for and cares about the people we serve. We are a double bottom line company. Our two bottom lines are revenues and enrollments in ACA coverage. Uniquely in our space, we only promote enrollment in on-exchange coverage. The ACA brings high-quality, comprehensive, and affordable health coverage within reach for low-income Americans. We exist to make that promise a reality.
About the Role
The Agency Account Manager is a remote-friendly position that serves as an invaluable bridge between some of our agency clients and our internal team, facilitating both strategic conversations and extraordinary tactical execution. Reporting to the VP of Sales and Distribution, you will join a motivated, fun-loving team growing our agency client base.
- Oversee the development, training and ongoing maintenance of our broker channel
- Recruit and train our General Agencies (GA) and brokers to use the HealthSherpa enrollment platform for all ACA enrollment activities, including referring out of area clients
- Develop a high functioning, broker network that is aligned with HealthSherpa’s mission.
- Use a combination of recruitment, training, and channel management techniques to ensure brokers meet enrollment volume, referral, renewal, and retention goals
- Ensure brokers follow CMS and State guidelines, along with basic ethical sales practices and follow established policies, procedures and industry best practices
- Work in collaboration with other internal HealthSherpa teams and departments, such as Agency Account Managers, broker sales, broker support, Directors, and VPs.
- Support all aspects of agency/agent/broker training, compliant system usage, goal achievement, relationship, and account management.
- Develop an annual “territory marketing plan” to maximize system usage, enrollment and referral targets from assigned agencies
- Engage with management and peer team members to provide feedback, accept feedback, and contribute to an exceptional work environment
- 2 or more years of health/insurance-related sales
- Direct to consumer (D2C) or Business to business (B2B) selling
- Experience moving clients through the sales pipeline
- Ability to travel ~15% of the time
- Membership in related service organizations
Preferred License, Certification, Association
- Life & Health (Disability) Agent producer license
What we offer
- Great compensation package including meaningful equity in a high growth, profitable company
- Health, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and dependents
- 401K after grace period
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Catered or restaurant lunch, daily
- Parking / Commuter benefit
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other, respect one another and welcome different lived experiences. We encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities, and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.
Employees may, among other things, be required to undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation, or contracts, and as a prerequisite to employment, candidates may be asked to consent to a due diligence/background investigation. As a condition for hiring and continued employment, we require all employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles.
- Physical requirements & work conditions:
- Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment
- Physically able to reach, stretch, bend, walk, and navigate stairways
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.