Software Engineer, Generalist
Northern California, CA
We are a profitable and fast growing healthcare startup -- a small and mighty team of 23 helping people find, enroll in and use ACA health coverage. We’ve doubled in each of the past two years and are now the largest ACA enrollment platform after Healthcare.gov, having helped over 1.8 Million people enroll in health coverage. We're a mission-driven team who advocate for and care deeply about the people we serve.
We are a double bottom line company. Our two bottom lines are revenues and enrollments in ACA coverage. Uniquely in our space, we only facilitate enrollment in on-exchange coverage. The ACA brings high quality, comprehensive and affordable health coverage within reach for low income Americans. We exist to make that promise a reality.
We are looking to hire an Engineering Generalist to join our rapidly growing team and take HealthSherpa’s technology to the next level. You are comfortable working across the development stack and passionate about learning new technologies. You believe in using data and analysis to form conclusions and refine thinking.
You will report directly to the CTO and have the opportunity to make substantial contributions to the entire tech stack, the products we ship, and ultimately the company.
Your contribution will positively impact hundred of thousands of American families, helping them navigate the complex and confusing healthcare industry and access health care when they need it.
- Build products both on the frontend and the backend across our full stack
- Maintain and refactor the codebase for better flexibility and Scalability.
- Pull and analyze data to improve the product and company operations
- Work with engineering, design and other partners to define & execute on product roadmaps based on user needs
- You have 3 to 5 years of software engineering experience
- You have experience with React.js or similar front-end frameworks
- You have experience with Rails or similar back-end frameworks
- You have experience with the full development lifecycle, supporting features post-launch
- You are passionate about helping people access quality, affordable healthcare
- You have health insurance experience
- You have Affordable Care Act and/or Health policy knowledge
- You have experience with Elasticsearch, Hadoop, R and scikit-learn
- You have a firm understanding of user experience design principles
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and significant equity in a high growth, profitable company
- Health, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and dependents
- 401K after grace period
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Catered or restaurant lunch, daily
- Free parking / Commuter benefit
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome and encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.