Director, Account Management
Full Time Remote
We are a profitable and fast-growing healthcare startup – a small and mighty team of around 50, helping people to find, enroll in, and use ACA health coverage. We’ve doubled in each of the past three years and are now the largest ACA enrollment platform after healthcare.gov, having helped over 5 million people enroll in health coverage. We're a mission-driven team that advocates for and cares deeply about the people we serve.
We are a double bottom-line company: revenues and enrollments in ACA coverage. The ACA brings high quality, comprehensive, and affordable health coverage within reach for low-income Americans. And we exist to make that promise a reality. Your contribution will positively impact millions of people, helping them to navigate the complex and confusing health insurance industry and to access health care when they need it.
About the Role
HealthSherpa works with over two dozen large insurance companies that rely on HealthSherpa for core parts of their enrollment and member servicing infrastructure. The Director of Account Management is a remote position who will lead a team of 3-5 account managers serving those clients and helping them 1) understand and use what we've built for them, 2) resolve problems as they occur, and 3) increase the scope of their engagement with us.
You will report to the VP of Sales and Distribution. This is a remote-friendly role.
- Develop a compelling account management strategy that creates success for HealthSherpa and our customers over the long term
- Fight (metaphorical) fires and become good at smelling smoke before a fire starts
- Create meaningful revenue growth and opportunities across our existing customer base as we continue to grow
- Oversee annual business reviews and contracting discussions
- Oversee the onboarding of new insurer clients
- Lead a team of account managers
- Partner with engineering and product teams to scope out, project manage, and deliver compelling high value products to your clients
- 6+ years of account management experience
- 3+ years of experience managing a diverse and inclusive team of 3+ people
- Strong people manager and coach, who can guide the team in developing consultative account management and sales skills
- Experience negotiating complex contracts and business relationships
- Experience with deep technical integrations across multiple companies/organizations
- Healthcare, startup or technology industry experience
- Passion for HealthSherpa's mission of increasing equitable access to healthcare and maximizing enrollment in high-quality, affordable healthcare
What We Offer
- Great compensation package and meaningful equity in a high-growth, profitable company
- Health, vision, and dental coverage for you, your spouse, and dependents
- 401K after a grace period
- Ample vacation and holidays
- Catered or restaurant lunch, daily
- Free parking / Commuter benefit
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other, respect one another and welcome different lived experiences. We encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities, and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.