Agent Support Representative
We at HealthSherpa are deeply committed to increasing access to healthcare for all Americans. Our mission is to match every consumer with the right health coverage and to help them use that coverage to take better care of themselves and their families. As part of that mission, we build software that is used by over 24,000 insurance agents to enroll people in ACA / “Obamacare” health insurance plans. Sometimes, those insurance agents have questions or need help. That’s where you come in.
We are looking for smart, flexible, and quick-learning people to join our Agent Support team in Sacramento for a 5 month contract. Joining the Agent Support team will give you the opportunity to become a subject matter expert within the health insurance industry, while also helping us meet our goal of "zero uninsured". We want energetic, adaptable people who are passionate about increasing access to health insurance coverage!
* Talking to our insurance agent customers via phone, email, and chat
* Helping our insurance agent customers sign up for and use our technology to enroll people in marketplace coverage
* Learning all about how marketplace health insurance works (don't worry, we will train you!)
* Work with product designers and software engineers to improve our software platform based on the conversations you have with our agent customers.
Skills / Experience
* Patient and effective communicator
* Good written communication skills. You will be emailing customers all day.
* Confident and comfortable on the phone, email, and chat
* Good at learning new technologies, experience with Google apps and spreadsheets a plus.
* Prior support, sales or startup experience a plus.
The position is a full-time 5 month contract from August 5th - December 31st in our Sacramento office.
Employees may, among other things, be required to undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts, and as a prerequisite to employment candidates may be asked to consent to a due diligence/background investigation. As a condition to hiring and continued employment, we require all employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles.
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome and encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.