Agent Support Representative
Sacramento, CA /
Agent Support /
This is a 4 month contract position (September through December 2020) that is 95% remote / work from home. You will have to visit our office on a few occasions to pick up equipment (e.g. computer), for onboarding/training, and potentially for logistics/troubleshooting. We take the health and safety of our team very seriously. On those limited occasions where you are required to be physically present, we will take extensive precautions exceeding CDC guidelines to limit any potential exposure to COVID-19.
HealthSherpa is a profitable and growing team helping people find, enroll in and use ACA health coverage. We’ve doubled in each of the past two years and are now the largest ACA enrollment platform after Healthcare.gov, having helped over 3 Million people enroll in health coverage. We're a mission-driven team who advocates and cares for the people we serve.
We are a double bottom line company. Our two bottom lines are revenue and enrollments in ACA coverage. The ACA brings high-quality, comprehensive and affordable health coverage within reach for many low income Americans. We exist to make that promise a reality.
About the role
Initially reporting to a supervisor for the Agent Support Team we are looking for smart, flexible, and quick-learning people to join our Agent Support team in the Sacramento area. You’ll support Insurance agents and brokers who use our platform for their ACA / “Obamacare” enrollments. We provide support through inbound/outbound phone calls, email, and Online Chat.
- Provide service and support to our insurance agent and broker customers through phone calls, email, and live-chat. You will not be required to make cold calls.
- Help educate our insurance agent customers on how to sign up for and use our technology to enroll people in marketplace coverage
- Become educated on marketplace health insurance (don't worry, we will train you!)
- Work with product designers and software engineers to improve our software platform based on the conversations you have with our agent customers.
- Be effective in a remote work environment
- Previous experience in a call center environment
- Professional phone presence
- Previous Customer Service experience
- Comfortable working with G suite a plus
- Outstanding written and oral communication Bi-Lingual (Spanish) a plus
- This is a remote position - Access to secure reliable internet access is required
- This is a contract position ending 12/31/2020 - We generally have full time positions available for top performers at the end of the contract period.
- You will be eligible for a bonus/incentive program based on meeting certain metrics - again no based on cold calling.
- You will be paid the full hourly wage for the duration of training
- You will need to have access to a quiet space to work during your shift
- Must be available to work an 8 hour shift between the hours of 6am - 5pm PST M-F (Plenty of OT available early December in the final days of OEP)
- Some weekends may be required depending on the demands of the Open Enrollment Period from November 1, 2020 - December 15, 2020.
We’re building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome and encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.
If you experience technical difficulties completing the interview process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org