Northern California, CA
We are a profitable and fast growing healthcare startup -- a small and mighty team of ~40 helping people find, enroll in and use ACA health coverage. We’ve doubled in each of the past two years and are now the largest ACA enrollment platform after Healthcare.gov, having helped over 1.8 Million people enroll in health coverage. We're a mission-driven team who advocate for and care deeply about the people we serve.
We are a double bottom line company. They are revenues and enrollments in ACA coverage. Uniquely in our space, we only facilitate enrollment in on-exchange coverage. The ACA brings high quality, comprehensive and affordable health coverage within reach for low income Americans. We exist to make that promise a reality.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our rapidly growing team. You will help lead the vision and execution of the product roadmap to expand HealthSherpa’s reach. You’ll define key features, improvements and new products based on rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis.
You will report directly to the CPO and have the opportunity to make substantial contributions to the products we ship and ultimately, HealthSherpa’s growth trajectory. Your contribution will positively impact hundreds of thousands of American families, helping them navigate the complex and confusing healthcare industry and access health care when they need it.
- Define clear milestones and deliverables, partnering with engineering, design and operations teams to ensure feature releases and product launches
- Roadmapping, goal setting, spec writing, managing project execution, experiment planning & defining product roll-out strategy
- Clearly communicate your product vision, requirements and features across the org Use strong business judgment and technical knowledge to inform product strategy
- Partner with design to create simple, intuitive interfaces and products that users love
- Partner with CPO to develop a rigorous research practice within HealthSherpa
- Partner with CPO to develop a scalable product development practice within HealthSherpa
- Partner with all functions like Design, Eng, Sales, Marketing, and more to identify and prioritize research needs and outcomes
- Document, compile, synthesize and communicate research findings and actionable recommendations to help inform product prioritization.
- Ability to balance and synthesize quantitative data and qualitative feedback
- Experience using data analysis to improve the customer journey
- 5+ years experience managing software products preferably in health tech
- 3+ years experience in UX or user research for digital products, including web and mobile
- Previous experience using metrics / data driven product development methodologies
- Effective at collaborating with cross-functional operations stakeholders to get buy-in and drive support for new ideas, products, and process.
- Experience establishing metrics/thresholds to guide prioritization and opportunity size.
- Experience with A/B experimentation
- Proven experience and passion for building great products
- Technical interest and aptitude that enables you to partner closely with our engineers.
- Comfort with rapidly changing business conditions that is typical of a fast growing company
- Passion for great design, you should know what works, what doesn't and why
Nice to have
- Understanding of and empathy for ACA customers
- Experience with UI/UX wireframing to pitch in as needed
- Experience with scripting & data analysis
- Experience with SQL
What we offer
- Meaningful equity in a high growth, profitable, social impact company
- Health, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and dependents
- 401K after grace period
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Catered or restaurant lunch, daily
- Free parking
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome and encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US.