Sacramento, CA /
We are a very profitable and fast-growing healthcare startup – a small and mighty team of fifty helping people find, enroll in, and use ACA health coverage. We’ve doubled in each of the past two years and are now the largest ACA enrollment platform after healthcare.gov, having helped over 3 million people enroll in health coverage. We're a mission-driven team that advocates for and cares deeply about the people we serve.
We are a double bottom line company; our two bottom lines are revenues and enrollments in ACA coverage. Uniquely in our space, we only facilitate enrollment in on-exchange coverage. The ACA brings high-quality, comprehensive, and affordable health coverage within reach for low-income Americans, and we exist to make that promise a reality.
As the first executive assistant at HealthSherpa, you will have a crucial role in our mission to bring healthcare to all Americans while simultaneously defining an EA's reach across the company. You will have a broad impact across the entire organization, supporting multiple members of the Leadership team to varying degrees, with your primary responsibility being the CEO. You will align your executives both internally and externally, providing them with the administrative support they need to lead more effectively.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys streamlining hectic days and succeeds in the face of limited resources. We value someone who is highly organized, extremely adaptable, and pleasantly pushy. You will report to the CEO.
- Form trusting relationships with executives' customers, team, and contacts
- Coordinate meetings, managing dynamic and packed calendars for multiple executives
- Develop and organize materials, briefs, and presentations to prepare executives for important meetings
- Take ownership of communications with professional correspondence
- Manage special ad hoc projects while performing daily responsibilities
- Create and document repeatable processes (for yourself) to ensure things don’t get lost and so we can improve and grow efficiency
- Maintain and facilitate expense reports
- Be a strategic partner for the executives
- You excel in sorting through the minutiae because you understand that the whole is composed of many, many small details, but you also recognize that the various parts are worthless if the goal is unmet
- You take pride in the efficiency and efficacy afforded by keyboard shortcuts, templates, repeatable processes
- You enjoy solving the puzzle of executive calendars and take pleasure in finding ways to free up time for your executives, and you do it all with a cheerful and calm presence
- You recognize that you don’t have all the answers, but you’re keen on learning and are always looking ahead so that you can provide appropriate solutions, often anticipating needs before they arise
- You embrace being the necessary holder of sensitive information and thrive in your role as an information relay for your executives
- At least two years of experience supporting a C-suite executive
- Experience managing a high-volume workload effectively
- Experience handling confidential information discreetly
- Experience with web-based scheduling and collaboration tools
- Experience coordinating complex schedules and logistics, at times, across multiple time zones
What We Offer
- Meaningful compensation package with equity in a high-growth, profitable company
- Health, vision, and dental coverage for you, your spouse, and dependents
- A shiny Mac and the other productivity accessories you need
- 401K after a grace period
- Ample vacation and holidays
- Catered or restaurant lunch, daily
- Free parking / Commuter benefit
Physical requirements & work conditions
- Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment
- Physically able to reach, stretch, bend, walk, and navigate stairways
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees may, among other things, be required to undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts, and as a prerequisite to employment candidates may be asked to consent to a due diligence/background investigation. As a condition to hiring and continued employment, we require all employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles.