Business Intelligence/Data Analyst
We are a profitable and fast-growing healthcare startup – a small and mighty team of around 50, helping people to find, enroll in, and use ACA health coverage. We've doubled in each of the past three years and are now the largest ACA enrollment platform after healthcare.gov, having helped over 5 million people enroll in health coverage. We're a mission-driven team that advocates for and cares about the people we serve.
We are a double bottom-line company: revenues and enrollments in ACA coverage. The ACA brings high-quality, comprehensive, and affordable health coverage within reach for low-income Americans. And we exist to make that promise a reality. Your contribution will positively affect millions of people, helping them to navigate the complex and confusing health insurance industry and to access health care when they need it.
About the Role
As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you'll be an essential part of the Operations team. You will help scale the business and grow revenue by taking existing infrastructure and processes to the next level, designing your own processes along the way. You will create and maintain reports and dashboards housing essential information to assist prioritization across the company.
- Provide ad-hoc analytics support to improve business decision-making
- Support teams with data analysis and visualization for KPI reporting
- Partner with engineers and Operations to build data architecture for storing large amounts of data and automate processes
- Design data products (e.g. dashboards, tables, pipelines, warehouses)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years experience as a Business Analyst, with at least 2 years focused on reporting, analytics, Business Intelligence, or Data Science
- Experience managing projects with multiple stakeholders (and cross functional teams)
- Strong experience using SQL to design databases and extract or manipulate data
- Scripting language (R, Python etc.) experience
- Sound understanding of databases, ETL processes, and reporting systems
- Great compensation package that includes meaningful equity in a high growth, profitable company
- Health, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and dependents
- 401K after grace period
- Employee assistance program
- Parental leave
- Paid Vacation and holidays
- Monthly grocery stipend
- Home office budget for remote team members
- Offices in San Francisco and Sacramento with catered lunch for working on-site
- Commuter benefit
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other, respect one another and welcome different lived experiences. We encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities, and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.