Manager, Consumer Advocates
We are a profitable and growing team of ~40 helping people find, enroll in and use ACA health coverage. We’ve doubled in each of the past two years and are now the largest ACA enrollment platform after Healthcare.gov, having helped over 3 Million people enroll in health coverage. We're a mission-driven team who advocates & cares for the people we serve.
We are a double bottom line company. Our two bottom lines are revenue and enrollments in ACA coverage. The ACA brings high-quality, comprehensive and affordable health coverage within reach for many low income Americans. We exist to make that promise a reality.
Initially reporting to the Chief Product Officer, you'll work with our Sacramento-based consumer advocate team and other team members in providing excellent customer service to those enrolling in marketplace coverage. You will oversee deployment of new service models to grow the operation and meet support, enrollment and retention goals for HealthSherpa.
Your contribution will improve hundreds of thousands of American families, helping them navigate the complex and confusing healthcare industry and access healthcare when they need it and on their terms.
- Manage daily operations of the core consumer advocate team (8 people)
- Manage daily operations of a team of up to 50 consumer advocates during peak season (4 to 5 month period)
- Recruit and train new team members (hire 30+ temps in a 6-8 week window)
- Coordinate and implement support schedules for PT and FT employees to support 7 day coverage during Open Enrollment
- Establish processes to track and improve enrollment and quality metrics
- Establish processes, procedures, and new service models to ensure quality service levels and scalability of the operation
- Summarize consumer feedback to inform experience improvements & outcomes
- Maintain a high level of customer engagement and satisfaction
- Help with phone support & enrollment when capacity is compromised
- More than 4 years of experience in direct management roles
- Operational experience in customer success, call center support, help desk or other support function
- Someone who is an empathetic communicator both verbal & written
- Someone who looks for data and wisdom to make the best decisions
- Health insurance experience
- The Affordable Care Act and/or health policy knowledge
- Experience working for technology start-ups
What we offer
- Great compensation package including meaningful equity in a high growth, profitable company
- Health, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and dependents
- 401K after grace period
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Catered or restaurant lunch, daily
- Parking / Commuter benefit
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other, respect one another and welcome different lived experiences. We encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.
Physical requirements & work conditions
- Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment
- Physically able to reach, stretch, bend, walk, and navigate stairways
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees may, among other things, be required to undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts, and as a prerequisite to employment candidates may be asked to consent to a due diligence/background investigation. As a condition to hiring and continued employment, we require all employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles.