Software Engineer, Full Stack
HealthSherpa is building the nation's most comprehensive health insurance marketplace that allows easy access to healthcare plans to those in need of affordable healthcare coverage. We are continuing to build a team of versatile experts, passionate about making an impact.
We are a profitable and fast-growing healthcare startup – a small and mighty team of around 80, helping people to find, enroll in, and use ACA health coverage. We’ve doubled in each of the past three years and are now the largest ACA enrollment platform after healthcare.gov, having helped over 9 million people enroll in health coverage. We're a mission-driven team that advocates for and cares deeply about the people we serve.
We are committed to building a team balanced in representation to best serve the people who use our products. We believe in creating inclusive and equitable spaces, which build trust and respect and foster a sense of belonging. These values are at the core of our culture, and we genuinely believe they will continue to lead our organization to successful outcomes.
About the Role
We are looking for a software engineering generalist to join our dynamic team and take HealthSherpa’s technology to the next level. You are comfortable working across the development stack and passionate about learning new technologies. You believe in using data and analysis to form conclusions and refine thinking.
You will report directly to the CTO and will likely have a significant impact on the entire tech stack, the products we ship, and the company overall.
About The Opportunity
- Build high-quality features across the entire tech stack - frontend and backend
- Develop end-to-end solutions that works every time.
- Maintain and refactor the codebase for better quality and scalability.
- Pull and analyze data to improve the product and company operations
- Work with the engineering team and other partners to implement the product roadmap
- You have 3+ years of software engineering experience
- You have experience with React.js or similar front-end frameworks
- You have experience with Rails or similar back-end frameworks
- You have experience with the full development lifecycle, supporting features post-launch
Nice To Have
- You have experience with AWS Elasticsearch, Hadoop, R or scikit-learn
- You have a firm understanding of UI/UX Design principles
- You have health insurance experience
- You have Affordable Care Act or Health policy knowledge
What We Offer
- Remote-first company
- A salary range between $110,000 - $150,000, depending on experience
- Great compensation package with meaningful equity in a high growth, profitable company, with offers that are competitive to SF Bay Area regardless of your location
- Excellent benefits package that includes health, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and dependents
- Monthly grocery / internet stipend
- 401K w/ a match after grace period
- Employee assistance program
- Parental leave
- 4 weeks paid vacation in addition to holidays
- Formal mentorship and training along three distinct tracks (management, engineering, and leadership)
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other, respect one another and welcome different lived experiences. We encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.
Employees may, among other things, be required to undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts, and as a prerequisite to employment candidates may be asked to consent to a due diligence/background investigation. As a condition to hiring and continued employment, we require all employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles.