We are a profitable and fast growing healthcare technology startup -- a small and mighty team of 23 helping people find, enroll in and use ACA health coverage. We’ve doubled in each of the past two years and are now the largest ACA enrollment platform after Healthcare.gov, having helped over 1.8 Million people enroll in health coverage. We're a mission-driven team who advocate for and care deeply about the people we serve.
We are a double bottom line company. Our two bottom lines are revenues and enrollments in ACA coverage. Uniquely in our space, we only facilitate enrollment in on-exchange coverage. The ACA brings high quality, comprehensive and affordable health coverage within reach for low income Americans. We exist to make that promise a reality.
We are looking for individuals who are smart, responsible, quick-learning, master communicators to join our Consumer Advocate team in Sacramento for a 4-month contract opportunity. Joining HealthSherpa will give you the opportunity to become a subject matter expert within the health insurance industry, while also supporting our mission to help people find, enroll in and use quality, affordable health coverage through the Affordable Care Act.
Check out this video to get a snapshot of who we are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB7HrDusl8E
Full Time 4-month contract in our Sacramento office September 1st - December 31st. This role is not open for remote consideration.
- Communicating with consumers via phone, email, and chat
- Helping consumers understand how health insurance works
- Becoming a licensed health insurance agent
- Enrolling consumers in health coverage
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (e.g. word, excel), Google Suite products, CRMs and more
- Work experience in an adaptable, rapidly changing, high-growth startup environment or similar
- Experience working with diverse and low-income populations
- Experience assisting/working with audiences with low English proficiency
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
Nice to have
- Health insurance experience
- Affordable Care Act and/or health policy knowledge
- Technology startup experience
What we offer
- Competitive hourly wage
- Catered or restaurant lunch, daily
- Overtime opportunities
- Contract to permanent opportunity
Employees may, among other things, be required to undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts, and as a prerequisite to employment candidates may be asked to consent to a due diligence/background investigation. As a condition to hiring and continued employment, we require all employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles.
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome and encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.