Broker Support Manager
We are a profitable and fast growing healthcare startup -- a small and mighty team of ~40 helping people find, enroll in and use ACA health coverage. We’ve doubled in each of the past two years and are now the largest ACA enrollment platform after Healthcare.gov, having helped over 1.8 Million people enroll in health coverage. We're a mission-driven team who advocate for and care deeply about the people we serve.
We are a double bottom line company, which are 1) revenues and 2) enrollments in ACA coverage. Uniquely in our space, we only facilitate enrollment in on-exchange coverage. The ACA brings high quality, comprehensive and affordable health coverage within reach for low income Americans. We exist to make that promise a reality.
We are looking for a Broker Support Manager to join our rapidly growing team. You will help lead the vision and execution of the Broker Support call center to expand HealthSherpa’s reach. You will ensure that each of our broker clients has the best engagement possible with HealthSherpas systems processes and people.
You will report directly to the Director of Strategic Accounts and have the opportunity to make substantial contributions to the HealthSherpa Broker Support Team.
- Assume responsibility for overall performance of the HealthSherpa broker support team
- Ultimately responsible for teams performance, including setting objectives, goals, milestones SLAs and KPIs
- Achieve & exceed monthly goals, KPIs, and adherence requirements
- In collaboration with management, make decisions regarding the people, processes, technology and operations impacting the broker support team
- Triage communications and facilitate follow-up with other internal departments
- Identify and address areas where objectives are not being achieved, work with team lead(s) (if applicable) to adjust strategy and achieve targets
- Create performance improvement plans, and conduct internal personnel reviews and annual performance evaluations
- Regularly review personnel performance, coach, mentor and engage in their professional development through feedback and coaching
- Ensure clear communication through department
- Monitor and QA random samplings of broker support team calls
- Create and maintain a positive, motivating environment that emulates HealthSherpas mission and values
- Assist in the optimization of policies and procedures and operational flow
- Create, implement and deploy creative methods to maintain morale and motivate representatives
- Prepare, update and provide management team with performance metrics, and trends to goal
- Handle escalated calls from calls from HealthSherpa customers including insurance agencies, agents and brokers
- Maintain in-depth knowledge regarding HealthSherpa products and services
- Provide feedback to management team for product and operational improvements
Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- Prior customer support management experience required
- Highly motivated, dependable and target-focused with an excellent track record in client servicing
- Influential leader who is positive, outgoing, and enthusiastic with a strong work ethic
- The ability to communicate effectively, listen effectively, and recommend solutions based on conversation
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and adapting to changes / updates
- Excellent ability to build rapport, and follow up skills
- Positive and respectful attitude
- Prior tech support or start-up experience a plus
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
What we offer:
- Meaningful equity in a high growth, profitable, social impact company
- Health, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and dependents
- 401K after grace period
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Catered or restaurant lunch, daily
- Free parking
Employees may, among other things, be required to undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts, and as a prerequisite to employment candidates may be asked to consent to a due diligence/background investigation. As a condition to hiring and continued employment, we require all employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles.
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome and encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US.