Carrier Account Manager
We are a profitable and growing team of 40 helping people find, enroll in and use ACA health coverage. We’ve doubled in each of the past two years and are now the largest ACA enrollment platform after Healthcare.gov, having helped over 3 Million people enroll in health coverage. We're a mission-driven team who advocates and cares for the people we serve.
We are a double bottom line company. Our two bottom lines are revenue and enrollments in ACA coverage. The ACA brings high-quality, comprehensive and affordable health coverage within reach for many low income Americans. We exist to make that promise a reality.
About the Role
The Carrier Account Manager serves as invaluable bridge between some of our most important enterprise insurance carrier clients and our internal team, facilitating both strategic conversations and extraordinary tactical execution. Reporting to the VP, Account Management, you will join a motivated, fun-loving team maintaining and growing our carrier client base.
- Liaison and primary contact for assigned carrier partners
- Ensure adherence and execution of deliverables in the Statement of Work (SOW) and Master Service Agreements (MSA)
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with carrier account teams, identify essential personnel to solidify and expand HealthSherpa’s integration within carrier relationships
- Handle carrier grievances and escalations regarding operational issues, coordinate with internal HealthSherpa departments as warranted
- Achieve annual carrier implementation deadlines maximize carrier contract renewals
- Identify additional methods to establish relationships with essential personnel at leading insurance organizations
- Communicate potential product or operational enhancements to management team
- Help promote HealthSherpa's products within assigned carrier partners
- 3+ years experience working with insurance carriers in an account management or like field
- Excellent phone presentation skills, ability to maintain constant energy and enthusiasm
- Ability to communicate effectively with Vice President level positions within assigned carrier partners
- Excellent solutioning skills with the ability to adapt to change
- Experience managing a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively
- Experience hitting quarterly goals and contributing to the success of the business
- BA/BSc in Business, Marketing or a related field
What we offer:
- Great compensation package including meaningful equity in a high growth, profitable company
- Health, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and dependents
- 401K after grace period
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Catered or restaurant lunch, daily
- Parking / Commuter benefit
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other, respect one another and welcome different lived experiences. We encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.
Employees may, among other things, be required to undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts, and as a prerequisite to employment candidates may be asked to consent to a due diligence/background investigation. As a condition to hiring and continued employment, we require all employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles.
• Physical requirements & work conditions:
• Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment
• Physically able to reach, stretch, bend, walk, and navigate stairways
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.