Full Time Remote
We help people find, enroll in, and use ACA (a.k.a. Obamacare) health coverage. We've helped over 5 million people enroll, saving over $30 billion through government subsidies in the process. We've doubled enrollments and revenue each year for the past 3 years, and we are now the largest ACA enrollment platform after HealthCare.gov. We're profitable and on track to make mid-eight figures in revenue for 2021.
We're a mission-driven team that advocates for and cares about the people we serve. We are a double bottom-line company - revenues and enrollments in ACA coverage. The ACA brings high-quality, comprehensive, and affordable health coverage within reach for low-income Americans. And we exist to make that promise a reality. Your contribution will positively affect millions of people, helping them to navigate the complex and confusing health insurance industry and to access health care when they need it.
About the role
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our team to use our unique data set to improve the product, increase revenue and set strategy. As our first data science hire, you will have substantial autonomy in determining how you achieve these goals, and you will also set our data science roadmap. You will report directly to the CTO and work with the founders and team product managers. Your work will contribute directly to increasing the number of people that can access healthcare affordably.
- Analyze data to identify product improvements and revenue opportunities
- Establish product and business health metrics
- Design, deploy and analyze experiments
- Build machine learning models for multiple applications
- Work with engineers to improve data infrastructure
- Degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, economics, applied math, operations research or engineering, or relevant work experience
- 5 or more years of industry experience in a data science or analytics role
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency in Python, R or another data science and visualization environment
What we offer
- Great compensation package that includes meaningful equity in a high growth, profitable company
- Health, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and dependents
- 401K after grace period
- Employee assistance program
- Parental leave
- Paid Vacation and holidays
- Monthly grocery stipend
- Home office budget for remote team members
- Offices in San Francisco and Sacramento with catered lunch for working on-site
- Commuter benefit
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome and encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.