Northern California, CA
We are a profitable and growing team of ~40 helping people find, enroll in and use ACA health coverage. We have doubled enrollments and revenue in each of the last two years and are now at an eight-figure run rate. We are the largest ACA enrollment platform after Healthcare.gov, having helped over 3 Million people enroll in health coverage. We're a mission-driven team who advocates & cares for the people we serve.
We are a double bottom line company. Our two bottom lines are revenue and enrollments in ACA coverage. The ACA brings high-quality, comprehensive and affordable health coverage within reach for many low income Americans. We exist to make that promise a reality especially during the extraordinary and unfortunate circumstances of this pandemic.
About the role
Our Design Team is growing and we want you to be part of it! Reporting to the Head of Design, as a hands-on UX Designer, you’ll connect with users and design intuitive and beautiful user interfaces. Your ideas and designs will have a big impact on people’s lives.
You are creative and passionate about a great user experience. As part of our core HealthSherpa design team, you will be involved in every step from research, ideation, design, partnering with Engineering on development, and measuring and learning to inform the best possible experience for our users.
- Develop user research and testing across all stages of the design process
- Attend meetings and gather requirements to analyze user needs, set scope and interface strategies
- Produce flowcharts, wireframes, prototypes, and product specs
- Develop elegant visual designs & interactions
- Partner with Product, Consumer support, Marketing, Sales to finalize and provide great design
- Partner with Engineering through development cycles
- Manage our design language system for our products
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and partners.
- 5+ years experience with end-to-end product design
- Experience working in lean and agile environments
- Experience with both enterprise and direct to consumer products
- You are data-informed and use quantitative and qualitative data to support design decisions
Nice to have
- Worked at an insure-tech related startup Affordable Care Act and/or Health policy knowledge
- Degree in design (or similar field)
- Familiar with web technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions
What we offer
- Great compensation package including meaningful equity in a high growth, profitable company
- Health, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and dependents
- 401K after grace period
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Catered or restaurant lunch, daily
- Parking / Commuter benefit
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other, respect one another and welcome different lived experiences. We encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.
Physical requirements & work conditions
- Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment
- Physically able to reach, stretch, bend, walk, and navigate stairways
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees may, among other things, be required to undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts, and as a prerequisite to employment candidates may be asked to consent to a due diligence/background investigation. As a condition to hiring and continued employment, we require all employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles.