San Francisco, CA
We are a profitable and fast growing healthcare startup -- a small and mighty team of 23 helping people find, enroll in and use ACA health coverage. We’ve doubled in each of the past two years and are now the largest ACA enrollment platform after Healthcare.gov, having helped over 1.8 Million people enroll in health coverage. We're a mission-driven team who advocate for and care deeply about the people we serve.
We are a double bottom line company. Our two bottom lines are revenues and enrollments in ACA coverage. Uniquely in our space, we only facilitate enrollment in on-exchange coverage. The ACA brings high quality, comprehensive and affordable health coverage within reach for low income Americans. We exist to make that promise a reality.
As an Operations Analyst, you’ll be a key part of the Operations team. You will help scale the business and grow revenue by taking existing infrastructure and processes to the next level. You’ll also get the opportunity to design and implement your own along the way.
You will drive insights and automation, and will grow into a subject matter expert on healthcare access and technology and solve complex problems you’ve identified by designing, implementing and refining new tools and solutions.
You are detail oriented and take pride in doing things right. You dream in flowcharts. You love architecting elegant processes that use technology to replace large amounts of repetitive, critical work faster and better than anyone thought possible.
Your contribution will positively impact hundred of thousands of American families, helping them navigate the complex and confusing healthcare industry and access health care when they need it.
- Automate high volume, mission-critical, repetitive tasks. Caveat: what you can’t automate, you’ll have to do manually.
- Clean up and maintain the core databases and business logic that drive revenue and decision-making across the organization
- Develop sustainable models, tools and processes to be used by the entire company to make faster and more accurate decisions and drive critical metrics (such as LTV)
- Actively identify improvement opportunities through data analyses and work with cross-functional team to prioritize and implement changes
- Define and develop solutions to aid automation of current processes related to data and analysis.
- Provide actionable reporting, analysis, and core metric dashboarding that helps business teams discover insights and increase understanding
- Become a health insurance industry expert and resource for all teams across the company
- BA/BS degree in Economics, Data Analytics, Computer Science, Statistics, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 1-4 years of work experience in an analytical role or equivalent (consulting, business strategy/operations, marketing, finance, engineering)
- Strong experience in SQL and Excel.
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in an unstructured and fast-paced environment; comfort dealing with ambiguity.
- Strong attention to detail; excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- You have health insurance experience
- You have Affordable Care Act and/or Health policy knowledge
- You have experience communicating with business and engineering partners
- You have knowledge of R, Ruby, Python, and/or other common computer languages
- You've worked for small startups
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and significant equity in a high growth, profitable company
- Health, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and dependents
- 401K after grace period
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Catered or restaurant lunch, daily
- Free parking / Commuter benefit
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome and encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.