Full Time Remote
We are a profitable and fast-growing healthcare startup – a small and mighty team of around 50, helping people to find, enroll in, and use ACA health coverage. We’ve doubled in each of the past three years and are now the largest ACA enrollment platform after healthcare.gov, having helped over 5 million people enroll in health coverage. We're a mission-driven team that advocates for and cares deeply about the people we serve.
We are a double bottom-line company: revenues and enrollments in ACA coverage. The ACA brings high-quality, comprehensive, and affordable health coverage within reach for low-income Americans. And we exist to make that promise a reality. Your contribution will positively impact millions of people, helping them to navigate the complex and confusing health insurance industry and to access health care when they need it.
About the Role
As a Commissions Analyst, you'll be an essential part of the Operations team. You will help scale the business and grow revenue by taking existing infrastructure and processes to the next level, designing your own processes along the way. You will guide insights and automation, and will become an expert on healthcare access and technology, and address problems you've identified by implementing and refining existing tools and new solutions.
- You enjoy the details and take pride in doing things right
- You dream in flowcharts
- You love architecting elegant processes that use technology to replace large amounts of repetitive, important work faster and better than anyone thought possible
- 2+ years of work experience in an analytical role or equivalent (consulting, business operations, marketing, finance, engineering)
- Experience in SQL and Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
- Ability to consistently chip away at a large volume of tasks
- Complete semi-automated multi-step, time-sensitive business processes related to inbound and outbound payments
- Automate high-volume and repetitive, but essential tasks. (Caveat: what you can't automate, you'll have to do manually)
- Clean up and maintain the core databases and business logic that increase revenue and improve decision-making across the organization
- Identify improvement opportunities through data analyses and work with cross-functional team to prioritize and implement changes
- Help determine solutions to aid automation of current processes related to data and analysis
- Become a health insurance industry expert and resource for all teams across the company
- You have health insurance experience
- You have Affordable Care Act and/or Health policy knowledge
- You have experience communicating with business and engineering partners
- You have knowledge of R, Ruby, Python, and/or other common computer languages
What we offer
- Great compensation package and meaningful equity in a high-growth, profitable company
- Health, vision, and dental coverage for you, your spouse, and dependents
- A shiny Mac and the other productivity accessories you need
- 401K after a grace period
- Ample vacation and holidays
- Catered or restaurant lunch, daily
- Free parking / Commuter benefit
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other, respect one another and welcome different lived experiences. We encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities, and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.