HealthSherpa is a profitable and fast growing healthcare startup - a small and mighty team of 23 making it easier for people to enroll in and use ACA health coverage. One way we do this is by working with health insurance agents. We’ve launched a new product to help our existing base of 30,000 insurance agent clients scale their businesses with our technology. We need your help engaging those clients and spreading the word.
Our team has doubled in each of the past two years and we are now the largest ACA enrollment platform after Healthcare.gov, having helped over 1.8 million people enroll in health coverage. We're a mission-driven company who advocate for and care deeply about the people we serve. Ethics and integrity are a must - we do right by our customers and will expect you to as well.
HealthSherpa is also a double bottom line company. Our two bottom lines are revenues and enrollments in ACA coverage. Uniquely in our space, we only facilitate enrollment in on-exchange coverage. The ACA promises access to high quality, comprehensive and affordable health coverage for low income Americans, and we exist to make that promise a reality.
- Presenting, promoting, and selling our software to existing and prospective agencies and agents
- Onboarding new agencies and agents and training them how to use the platform
- Coordinating sales strategies with team members and other departments
- Keeping our insurance agent customers up-to-date and engaged with our technology
- Continuously improving through direct feedback, testing and learning, and Continuing Education
Skills / Experience
- Prior sales experience required - background in tele-sales preferred
- Highly motivated and target-focused with an excellent track record in sales
- Effective communicator - clear and comfortable on the phone and in email
- Good at learning new technologies and adapting to changes / updates
- Prior tech support or start-up experience a plus
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
The initial term of this engagement is 3-6 months, with potential for ongoing engagement based on success. This is a full-time hourly sales position based in our Sacramento office. Compensation consists of an hourly wage with significant performance-based commissions.
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome and encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US.