VP of Marketing (SEO Specialist)
Northern California, CA
We are a profitable and fast growing healthcare startup -- a small and mighty team of 23 helping people find, enroll in and use ACA health coverage. We’ve doubled in each of the past two years and are now the largest ACA enrollment platform after Healthcare.gov, having helped over 1.8 Million people enroll in health coverage. We're a mission-driven team who advocate for and care deeply about the people we serve.
We are a double bottom line company. Our two bottom lines are revenues and enrollments in ACA coverage. Uniquely in our space, we only facilitate enrollment in on-exchange coverage. The ACA brings high quality, comprehensive and affordable health coverage within reach for low income Americans. We exist to make that promise a reality.
We are looking for a VP of Marketing who is data-driven and has deep content and SEO experience. Currently, SEO focused on the Affordable Care Act is overrun with insurance brokers who bait-and-switch consumers away from high quality ACA coverage to inferior alternatives that pay high commissions. We have the knowledge and domain authority to fix that, and you’ll be leading the charge.
You’ll be starting from a good foundation: 90% of our search traffic is brand traffic, and hundreds of thousands of people search for “HealthSherpa” each year. Your job will be to take that brand and domain authority, pair it with our internal expertise in ACA enrollment, and create content that not only ranks highly, but also guides people into the right coverage.
You’ll own all marketing channels at HealthSherpa focusing primarily on SEO, content, and email marketing. You’ll be an individual contributor and you take pride in getting stuff done with lean teams and limited resources. You'll manage a lean team of 1-2 and work closely with the founders to define and implement your marketing vision. This role can be based in either San Francisco or Sacramento.
- Create SEO strategy, implement it, analyze it and then improve it.
- Calculate detailed metrics and construct detailed and accurate reporting to drive decision-making.
- Partner with engineering, product and sales to build critical marketing infrastructure.
- Test new marketing channels and implement growth strategies for the ones that work.
- Manage a small team of 1-2 experienced digital marketers & content specialists.
- 2+ yrs experience managing 1-2 people and/or contractors
- 5+ yrs experience in performance marketing and SEO
- You are analytical, detail oriented and are obsessed with measuring growth
- Deep understanding of technical SEO, tracking, measurement, attribution and experimentation
- Deep experience providing strategic oversight and executing complex marketing campaigns
- You are a great communicator including in your writing
- You have an entrepreneurial, get-stuff-done mindset
- You are passionate about growing a company and delivering results
- You have a genuine passion for helping people gain access to health coverage
- You have worked at an insure-tech related startup
- Affordable Care Act and/or Health policy knowledge
- Experience with Public Relations
- Experience building Partnerships to support marketing strategy
What we offer
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a high growth, profitable company
- Health, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and dependents
- 401K after grace period
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Catered or restaurant lunch, daily
- Free parking
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome and encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.