Senior Agency Account Manager
We are a profitable and growing team of 80 helping people find, enroll in and use ACA health coverage. We have doubled enrollments and revenue in each of the last two years and are now at an eight-figure run rate. We are the largest ACA enrollment platform after healthcare.gov, having helped over 9 million people enroll in health coverage. We're a mission-driven team who advocates & cares for the people we serve.
We are a double bottom line company. Our two bottom lines are revenue and enrollments in ACA coverage. The ACA brings high-quality, comprehensive and affordable health coverage within reach for many low income Americans. We exist to make that promise a reality especially during the extraordinary and unfortunate circumstances of this pandemic.
We are committed to building a team balanced in representation to best serve the people who use our products. We believe in creating inclusive and equitable spaces, which build trust and respect and foster a sense of belonging. These values are at the core of our culture, and we genuinely believe they will continue to lead our organization to successful outcomes.
About the Role
The Senior Agency Account Manager is a remote-friendly position that serves as an invaluable bridge between some of our agency clients and our internal team, facilitating both strategic conversations and extraordinary tactical execution. You will join a motivated, fun-loving team growing our agency client base and report to the VP of Sales and Distribution.
- Oversee the growth, development, training, and ongoing maintenance of our broker channel
- Recruit and train General Agencies (GA) and brokers to use the HealthSherpa enrollment platform for all ACA enrollment activities, including referring out of area clients
- Develop a high functioning broker network that is aligned with HealthSherpa’s mission
- Use a combination of recruitment, training, and channel management techniques to ensure brokers meet enrollment volume, referral, renewal, and retention goals
- Ensure brokers follow CMS and State guidelines, along with ethical sales practices and follow established policies, procedures, and industry best practices
- Work in collaboration with other internal HealthSherpa teams and departments, such as Agency Account Managers, broker sales, broker support, product and marketing
- Support all aspects of agency/agent/broker training, compliant system usage, goal achievement, relationship, and account management
- Develop an annual “territory marketing plan” to maximize system usage, enrollment, and referral targets from assigned agencies
- Engage with management and peer team members to provide feedback, accept feedback, and contribute to an exceptional work environment
- 5+ years insurance industry (or 7+ years relevant) experience
- Experience retaining clients year-over-year with high client satisfaction
- Willingness to lead and develop other team members while instrumenting best practices
- Deep network of relevant client relationships that could be transferable to HealthSherpa’s agency account manager role
What We Offer
- Great compensation package and meaningful equity in a high-growth, profitable company
- Health, vision, and dental coverage for you, your spouse, and dependents
- A shiny Mac and the other productivity accessories you need
- 401K after a grace period
- Ample vacation and holidays
- Catered or restaurant lunch, daily
- Free parking / Commuter benefit
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other, respect one another and welcome different lived experiences. We encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.