San Francisco, CA
What are you looking for in your next company? An open, friendly culture? Smart application of an excellent tech stack? Real diversity? Rock-solid products? If these matter to you, we have some great things to talk about.
Hearsay Systems is looking for a talented engineer to join our Mobile team.
Who is Hearsay?
Hearsay Systems leads the field in offering sophisticated client engagement products to companies within the financial services vertical. Founded in 2009 and helmed by Clara Shih, we are a tightly knit and dedicated group that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products engage customers across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram, email, text, and voice. And every product syncs beautifully to Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, and other CRM systems.
Hearsay is used by more than 170,000 financial advisors and insurance agents. Our clients include Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, New York Life and Allstate. We enable them to get a real-time pulse of field conversations and to trigger more effective targeted advisor-client outreach with AI-optimized calls, text messages, email follow-ups, and social media interactions. Also, our office is dog friendly. This is important. And adorable.
What are our mobile products?
Hearsay Relate is an advanced voice and texting application running natively on iOS, Android, and a desktop UI. It provides highly compliant communication services to our customers in the financial space, with remarkably useful analytics and reporting capabilities to help tune business communications. Adding a second, business-only number to your existing device, Relate activity syncs beautifully to Salesforce and other popular CRMs.
Hearsay Social is the cornerstone product of the Hearsay Advisor Cloud, connecting to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram to enable our customers to build their brand and grow their business via publishing relevant, highly targeted content to their networks. The Hearsay Social mobile application is a companion application to provide advisors with the ability to manage their social brand on the go.
About the role:
- Work with a tight-knit, talented team that's pretty darn awesome. Seriously
- Work very closely with our team of iOS engineers and occasionally Android engineers to get things done
- Collaborate with various teams outside of Mobile like product management and design to execute a diverse range of product features in our mobile applications
- Ensure we are deploying code that is clean and reliable
- Help collaborate on iOS architecture decisions to ensure seamless development of new product features and architect infrastructure to support a fast-growing user base
- Be directly responsible and have ownership for multiple or large components within the iOS mobile apps
- Collaborate with other mobile developers to foster two-way learning and growth
- Share your thoughts on product features, the user experience, or literally anything else across the company
- Have the opportunity to learn about other parts of our tech stack like web-front end and back end if interested
- Improve our code base with thoughtful refactoring of tech debt
- People love to work with you!
- At least 2 years of iOS development experience and at least 1 year of using Swift
- Experience working across different parts of the iOS stack
- Experience working with Storyboards and UIKit
- At least a basic understanding of threading in iOS, including NSOperations and GCDFundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysisAbility to translate technical requirements into business solutions
- Have strong opinions about what good iOS code is, and can make persuasive arguments to influence your team (and the rest of the company)
- Can listen to other people's strong opinions and have a willingness to change yours if what they are saying makes sense
- Care about taking part of the product process from ideation to executionLove working with a diverse group of people, with different approaches and styles
- Keep up to date with latest iOS development practices
Nice To Haves:
- Working with CocoaPods
- Experience working end to end on at least one app, and releasing it to the apps store is strongly preferred
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: At Hearsay we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.