Talent Scout, Engineering
New York, NY
* Technology – Engineering
Heartbeat Health is a venture-funded health tech startup in New York City. We are working to deliver the most effective, efficient, and delightful cardiovascular disease prevention in the world. More than 80% of cardiovascular disease deaths are attributable to preventable factors, yet cardiovascular disease is the costliest and deadliest worldwide because its prevention is neither obvious nor easy. Our team consists of passionate and proven physicians, engineers, scientists, designers, and founders attacking this problem from first principles, applying human-centered design, and developing evidence-based AI to solve this global issue. We have been featured in TechCrunch, CNBC, Fast Company, and Forbes.
Our experience with thousands of patients has helped to shape our approach and reinforce our belief that ground-breaking technology and human touch are both essential elements of truly transformative healthcare. We also recognize that stepwise progress requires addressing the two major drivers of cardiovascular disease prevention, knowledge and behavior. Therefore, we are creating a mobile product that continuously measures cardiovascular risk factors to determine individual risk from population risk models. Our members follow easy steps to improve their heart health and receive feedback from a network of world-class cardiologists empowered with data-driven insights. This simple idea of connecting people and technology with purpose gives every Heartbeat user the superpower to save millions of lives.
We are looking to hire a Talent Scout to assist with the sourcing and hiring of candidates for specialized engineering positions. In this role, you will source and interact with potential candidates online, develop talent pipelines, conduct initial candidate screenings, and set up interviews. You will also be required to manage the candidate pool and track hiring conversion.
Prior experience as a recruiter or sourcer not required.
About the gig
- Coordinating with hiring managers to refine requirements and create new job recs
- Crafting and sending recruitment emails
- Interacting with potential candidates on professional networks and social media
- Connecting with industry partners for candidate referrals and new leads
- Identifying and screening potential candidates
- Organizing and conducting online interviews
- Creating talent pipelines for current and future hires
- Managing the company’s candidate pool
- Setting up candidate interviews with hiring managers
- Measuring and recording conversion rates
- Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts preferred
- Tech savvy and has experience with the Google Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication expected
- Personable with great interviewing skills
- Creative problem solver
- Organized and extremely detail oriented
- Familiarity with social media marketing and comfortable networking online
- Self-starter that can manage their time well
We are looking for an exceptional teammate that can dive into the world of sourcing candidates headfirst. You’re open to new ideas, thoughtful in your approach, pragmatic in your delivery, constantly learning, and up for a challenge. You elevate the work of those around you. You want the superpower to save millions of lives.