Senior Software Engineer, Quality
New York, NY
* Technology – Engineering
Heartbeat Health is a venture-funded health tech startup in New York City. We are working to deliver the most effective, efficient, and delightful cardiovascular disease prevention in the world. More than 80% of cardiovascular disease deaths are attributable to preventable factors, yet cardiovascular disease is the costliest and deadliest worldwide because its prevention is neither obvious nor easy. Our team consists of passionate and proven physicians, engineers, scientists, designers, and founders attacking this problem from first principles, applying human-centered design, and developing evidence-based AI to solve this global issue. We have been featured in TechCrunch, CNBC, Fast Company, and Forbes.
Our experience with thousands of patients has helped to shape our approach and reinforce our belief that ground-breaking technology and human touch are both essential elements of truly transformative healthcare. We also recognize that stepwise progress requires addressing the two major drivers of cardiovascular disease prevention, knowledge and behavior. Therefore, we are creating a mobile product that continuously measures cardiovascular risk factors to determine individual risk from population risk models. Our members follow easy steps to improve their heart health and receive feedback from a network of world-class cardiologists empowered with data-driven insights. This simple idea of connecting people and technology with purpose gives every Heartbeat user the superpower to save millions of lives.
You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and executing test plans and test suites based on product specs, visual designs, and data models. You will also ensure the successful delivery of a quality product by performing ad-hoc and structured tests daily.
- Familiarity with the linux shell, VPN, and IntelliJ
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices
- Experience with load/performance testing, scalability testing, or reliability testing
- Previous experience with mobile and web-based testing
- Familiar with cloud server architecture design
- Comfortable with using and maintaining test scripts to improve workflows and automation
- Confirmed bug detection and isolation skills
- Familiar with the software oriented QA requirements and demands of a full product cycle
- Strong hands on experience with QA methodologies or prior QA experience
- Ability to adapt in a high-paced environment
- Creative problem solver and passionate about quality
- Act as a strong advocate for quality in the product development process for software engineering
- Ability to triage problems, prioritize accordingly, and propose a resolution
- Outstanding communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams
- Analytical, disciplined, and creative problem solver committed to driving quality forward
Why you'll love working here
- We're mission-driven: we're revolutionizing the way cardiovascular care is delivered
- Up for the challenge: make a big impact by joining a fast-growing team in its early stages
- Great people: become a part of something incredible, and do it with an exceptionally talented, multidisciplinary team.
- We care about diversity: diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- opt into comprehensive health, dental and vision benefits
- enjoy flexible leave policies
- work in a modern workspace in a prime location
- unlimited office snacks, tea + coffee
- In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, our team is founded on a set of values we hold close to heart:
- Be amazing at what you do, without ego.
- Take ownership and be accountable to yourself and the team.
- Move fast with our stakeholders' best interests at heart.
- Be open to a breadth of ideas, but focused on delivery.
- Measure and improve what really matters.
- Be candid and honest with people.
- Demonstrate high integrity, always.
- Help others and appreciate those who help you.
- Be a kind and decent human.
- Have fun.
You’re open to new ideas, thoughtful in your approach, pragmatic in your delivery, constantly learning, and up for a challenge. You elevate the work of those around you. You want the superpower to save millions of lives.