New York, NY
Growth – Marketing
Heartbeat Health is a venture-funded health tech startup in New York City. We are working to deliver the most effective, efficient, and delightful cardiovascular disease prevention in the world. More than 80% of cardiovascular disease deaths are attributable to preventable factors, yet cardiovascular disease is the costliest and deadliest worldwide because its prevention is neither obvious nor easy. Our team consists of passionate and proven physicians, engineers, scientists, designers, and founders attacking this problem from first principles, applying human-centered design, and developing evidence-based AI to solve this global issue. We have been featured in TechCrunch, CNBC, Fast Company, and Forbes.
Our experience with thousands of patients has helped to shape our approach and reinforce our belief that ground-breaking technology and human touch are both essential elements of truly transformative healthcare. We also recognize that stepwise progress requires addressing the two major drivers of cardiovascular disease prevention, knowledge and behavior. Therefore, we are creating a mobile product that continuously measures cardiovascular risk factors to determine individual risk from population risk models. Our members follow easy steps to improve their heart health and receive feedback from a network of world-class cardiologists empowered with data-driven insights. This simple idea of connecting people and technology with purpose gives every Heartbeat user the superpower to save millions of lives.
Heartbeat Health is seeking a part-time/freelance Creative Copywriter to join our Marketing team. This is an opportunity to join a well-funded, venture-backed startup and set the direction, best practices, and vision for how consumer healthcare should be promoted.
The Copywriter will be responsible for crafting all marketing material, product and company description, and other content-creating needs for Heartbeat as they come up.
- Forward- Thinking, Tech-Savvy, Creative
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated success in managing a business social media presence
- Experience in producing copy for digital, print and broadcast channels
- Strong understanding of SEO concepts
- Experience in healthcare
About the gig
- Conceptualize, craft and convey the Heartbeat brand
- Collaborate to develop and execute on brand strategy through written work across departments
- Produce clear, concise. engaging copy that is aligned with company voice
- Drive the creation of original concepts that result in effective and compelling communication
- Simultaneously manage multiple writing tasks and priorities, meeting needs and deadlines
- Stay abreast of social media & search industry trends and best practices
- Present recommendations to internal and executive teams as needed
Why you'll love working here
- We're mission-driven: we're revolutionizing the way cardiovascular care is delivered
- Up for the challenge: make a big impact by joining a fast-growing team in its early stages
- Great people: become a part of something incredible, and do it with an exceptionally talented, multidisciplinary team.
- We care about diversity: diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- enjoy flexible leave policies
- work in a modern workspace in a prime location
- unlimited office snacks, tea + coffee
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, our team is founded on a set of values we hold close to heart:
- Be amazing at what you do, without ego.
- Take ownership and be accountable to yourself and the team.
- Move fast with our stakeholders' best interests at heart.
- Be open to a breadth of ideas, but focused on delivery.
- Measure and improve what really matters.
- Be candid and honest with people.
- Demonstrate high integrity, always.
- Help others and appreciate those who help you.
- Be a kind and decent human.
- Have fun.
We are looking for an exceptional, experienced wordsmith with a demonstrated track record of successful marketing copy across products within the healthcare space. You’re open to new ideas, thoughtful in your approach, pragmatic in your delivery, constantly learning, and up for a challenge. You elevate the work of those around you. You want the superpower to save millions of lives with your words.