TTB Physical Science Technician
TTB (Alcohol Tobacco Tax)
Physical Science Technicians will provide support to key Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Bureau (TTB) staff or teams by performing the following illustrative functions:
· Prepares laboratory samples and standards for analysis
· Assists chemists in routine sample analysis using established analytical methods and procedures
· Assists chemists in methods development research
· Assists chemists in collecting data and submits data in requested formats
· Follows all laboratory Quality Program Documents (QPD), ISO and safety procedures
· Carries out routine maintenance of laboratory equipment
· Inputs data into computer systems/data bases or instrumentation. Updates or revises databases or spreadsheets as instructed. Researches, locates, and retrieves information from databases or files. When necessary, files incoming material and maintains necessary records
· Performs other routine and non-routine duties as assigned
- Shall also have a minimum of one-year basic experience in operation, and date collection of analytical equipment such as HPLC, GC/MS, as well as isolation and separation techniques such as column chromatography, liquid-liquid and solid-phase extraction, headspace, and distillation techniques is highly desirable.
- Shall also have a minimum of two years’ experience as Physical Science Technician (PST) or Technician in a laboratory setting working on data entry, data query, data mining, etc, using databases such as modern Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- One-year experience in operation of analytical equipment such as HPLC, GC/MS, as well as isolation and separation techniques such as column chromatography, liquid-liquid and solid-phase extraction, headspace, and distillation techniques , and their usage for technical problem solving is highly desirable.
- 2-year degree in an accredited college or university leading to associate or higher degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or basic science.
- Must be a US Citizen.