Remote - Anywhere in Europe
Engineering – Mobile
Permanent employment contract
Heetch is a ride-sharing app with a simple mission: we want people to enjoy going out. Every night and every day, our drivers are doing their all to make your ride unforgettable and friendly! We are focusing on young peoples expectations and are competing within a competitive and fast paced market.
The service was launched in Paris on September 2013 and has seen exponential growth since then, with thousands of rides every night in France, Italy, Sweden, Belgium and Morocco.
With more than 1 million users in Europe, we are proud to be one of the fastest growing startups coming out of France!
Simply put, we aim at offering the most playful ridesharing experience for party-goers, and the most satisfying night out for drivers. Our app is the centerpiece of the whole service, where drivers are able to get ride requests, where passengers are able to request rides, and where everyone is able to get in touch with us directly at anytime.
We don’t want to see our users open up Heetch just because we can get them from point A to point B, we want them to open the app because they feel like it was specifically built for them. We want to build upon our core service everything that would make every ride enjoyable. Whether it’s helping them put the music passengers want to listen to, help drivers find the right spots to go to and the right ride, give recommandations about places passengers would want to go, and it’s all open for anyone to suggest.
MOBILE AT HEETCH
Our app is one of the few mobile apps that run in the foreground for up to seven hours straight on drivers phones. This rather unique use case brings fun challenges with handling the lifecycle of the app.
Network and GPS management: we need to provide accurate information and price suggestions to our community. This means making sure every driver gets important notifications in any network conditions, provide as accurate as possible GPS localisation for the pricing and tracking.
UI & UX: Ride sharing apps are a really special case in app design. They all revolve around a map and the conventional navigation patterns like list view and navigation controls need heavy tweaking to make for a great user experience.
One way data flow and functional pattern: we are passionate about software architecture. We’ve built the core of our apps using Rx and want to push this forward in both the data and the UI layers. Ideally, our team will grow big enough that we’ll be able to push forward what doing mobile programming means and we’ll contribute back to all those amazing open source projects we learned from.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Build new exciting features.
• Solve challenging real-time synchronization problems.
• Build a robust & modern in-house framework, that will serve our app for next 4 years.
• Practise continuous refactoring and unit testing to constantly improve the codebase.
• Create custom UI components (with Playground Driven Development).
• Work on our great shiny redesign of the app.
• Experimenting with various concepts (Coordinators/Flows, ReSwift).
• Great oral and written communication skills.
• Speaking both French AND English is mandatory.
• At least 3-4 years of experience with both Objective C and Swift in production environments.
• Strong mobile development culture.
• You know how to make integration testing less painful (XCTests, FBSnapshots).
• Strong understanding of the iOS SDK (UIKit, MapKit).
• Ability to thrive in a startup environment.
• Contributions to open source projects.
• Experience with RxSwift.
• Paid conference attendance/travel.
• Heetch credits.
• A Spotify subscription.
• Medical care
• Code retreats and company retreats.
• Travel budget (visit your remote coworkers and our offices).
OUR ENGINEERING VALUES
• Move smart: we are data driven, and employ tools and best practices to ship code quickly and safely (continuous integration, code review, automated testing, etc).
• Distribute knowledge: we want to scale our engineering team to a point where our contributions do not stop at the company code base. We believe in the Open Source culture and communication with the outside world.
• Leave code better than you found it: because we constantly raise the bar.
• Unity makes strength: moving people from A to B is not as easy as it sounds but, we always keep calm and support each other.
• Always improve: we value personal progress and want you to look back proudly on what you’ve done.
You can also have a look at our open-source projects and contributions here