Senior iOS Engineer - Passenger Team - Full Remote in Europe
Engineering – Mobile /
Permanent employment contract
⚠️Read before applying:
We're a young company iterating over our remote culture so for now, we're only working with people in locations where the time zone is:
-3 hours > Paris time zone < +3 hours
Passenger Team at Heetch
The top priority of our user-centric team is the happiness of our passengers. From the moment they decide to join us until they enter our marketplace, passengers will be using our products. And our mission is to make sure they get the stellar experience they deserve.The scope of the team includes passenger acquisition, to ensure that passengers can signup smoothly in a few seconds, and passenger account, to provide a wonderful lifecycle experience to our passengers and help them oversee their passenger account between 2 rides.Given our business scope, our team is working side-by-side with other Product teams and internal partners (Operations and Marketing teams), allowing us to build features that will empower passengers with new ways to ride.
• Move fast not furious 😌🧠
• Don’t be scared of failure, learn from it and try again.
• Unit and functional tests are as important as code.
• Code is always evolving; we do not think in versions.
• We’re not just here to push code, product ownerships equally spread amongst the team.
Have a look at our stack for a deeper overview: https://stackshare.io/heetch/engineering
Our team values
• Work wherever you want: We’ve always been remote first but also have a few offices.
• Open communication: Everything is public within the team.
• You are not alone: We are supportive of each other and use Slack and video calls to keep in touch.
• Promulgate Knowledge: Whether it's organizational, cultural or technical, we're eager to learn!
• Continuous improvement: We do bi-weekly team retrospectives and have a strong 'Speak Up' value.
What will you do?
• Work closely with Product, Backend and Data Analysts to build highly impactful features 😍
• Work in a release train cycle (we ship often 🚢)
• Optimise performance and help solve technical and product problems for our large pool of iOS drivers
• Be a vital member of the broader iOS team at Heetch and contribute to core architecture and design discussions
• Work closely with engineers from other product teams building cross-team features at scale.
• Participate in Code Reviews and provide feedback to your colleagues
• Share knowledge with everyone and help your team to grow
• Have the freedom to experiment. Intrigued by a new tech or library? Go for it! Let's see how it improves our services
• Routinely own and manage releases to the App store
Does it sound like you?
• 5+ years of experience in iOS development
• 2+ years of Reactive programming
• 1+ year Production experience working with Swift
• Strong understanding of the iOS SDK and application lifecycle
• Knowledge in common architectural patterns
• Strong UI skills: ConstraintLayout
• Rigor in test coverage and other best practices
• Not afraid of leaving your comfort zone
• You are ready to make an impact at scale
• Contribution to open source projects
• Knowledge about managing the lifecycle of background services and their impact on battery usage
If your application is selected, the process will be composed of 4 steps:
1. Interview with a Technical Recruiter (45mn)
2. Take home assignment (~5 days deadline)
3. Interview with your future Engineering Manager (1h)
4. Day on site (Paris) or remote interviews to meet your future teammates and stakeholders
You can also have a look at our open-source projects and contributions here
🌈Heetch embraces diversity and equal opportunity for everyone 🌍 We provide a safe and inclusive work environment. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Because the more diverse we are, the better our work will be!
Heetch SAS is collecting your personal data (identity, contact details, academic background, professional experience and optionally a covering letter) for the processing of your application to our job offer, based on your consent.
Your personal data will only be accessible to our hiring team, our co-founders, and the manager of the position you are applying to. In addition, data are stored by our processor in order to use its applications tracking system. Your data may be stored outside of the EU/EEA but are protected by appropriated safeguards.
Your data are stored for a maximum duration of two years. If we do not reply to your application, you allow us to store your data during this term in order to potentially contact you for another position within our company or affiliates and subsidiaries.
You have a right to access to your data, to rectify them, under some conditions to erase them, and to limit the processing. Also, you have a right of portability on your data. In addition, you may revoke your consent and we shall stop processing your data. Eventually, you have a right to define directives about the fate of your data if your death should occur.