Senior Backend Engineer - Developers Care team
Remote - Anywhere in Europe
Engineering – Backend
Permanent employment contract
Heetch is a ride-sharing app with a simple mission: we want people to enjoy going out. Every night and every day, our drivers are doing their all to make your ride unforgettable and friendly! We are focusing on young peoples expectations and are competing within a competitive and fast paced market.
The service was launched in Paris on September 2013 and has seen exponential growth since then, with thousands of rides every night in France, Italy, Sweden, Belgium and Morocco.
With more than 1 million users in Europe, we are proud to be one of the fastest growing startups coming out of France!
DEV CARE (aka BOOST) EXPERIENCE AT HEETCH
The top priority of our developer-driven team is to improve the productivity of other developers in the company by spotting generic needs across teams and addressing them in the most impactful way.
Whether this is done by introducing a new technology or designing a creative solution to a problem shared by various teams, it's done through carefully collected feedbacks, analysis and is delivered iteratively, following closely open-source methodologies.
From the inside, we're a caring team of engineers who share the same set of values:
• Transparency: We discuss everything openly.
• Team Unity: No one is left behind.
• Move Fast: No need to demonstrate for days, just do it.
• Promulgate Knowledge: Whether it's organizational, cultural or technical, we're eager to learn!
• It's OK to fail: Succeed together, learn together.
With the very broad spectrum of challenges we're facing every week, our team is seeking an experienced and pragmatic developer to build solutions that will help Heetch to scale to its next level.
Our ideal candidate is an Elixir Engineer who loves building software for other developers (shiny documentation included!), have strong problem-solving skills and having great empathy for others.
CHALLENGES YOU'LL BE FACING WITH US
• Build the best local environment a developer could hope for while dealing with the complexities introduced by our growth and a micro-service architecture
• Build a simple yet powerful set of internal libraries for backend developers to help them to build their micro-services while never impeding their ability to make their own choices
• Design generic solutions to address challenges faced by multiple teams and open-source them
• Contribute to transitioning the backend architecture to an event-sourcing approach
• Constantly learn through a very broad scope of technologies, from Docker to Event-Sourcing and Functional Programming in order to spot the most effective path to help the tech team
• Build the backbone and tools for others to write services that handle millions of users
• Write top notch documentation and support other developers
• Collect feedback and exchange with other teams through stellar communication
• Participate in code reviews and provide feedback to your colleagues.
• Leave code better than you found it.
• Create a positive environment for the people around you.
• Lead by example.
• Share knowledge with everyone and help your team to grow.
• Experience as a Backend Engineer in Go or Elixir
🗝But much more than the languages, our focus will be on engineering skills (problem analysis, docs, testing, research, methodology)
• Design elegant and usable public APIs
• Not afraid of leaving your comfort zone
• Understand that simple is not easy
• Comfortable crafting solutions in a polyglot environment
• Awareness and understanding of technical constraints as well as product constraints
• Knowledge about Event Sourcing, Kafka
• Paid conference attendance/travel.
• Spend an entire afternoon per week working on OSS and blogging
• Heetch credits.
• A Spotify subscription.
• Medical care.
• Code retreats and company retreats.
• Travel budget (visit your remote coworkers and our offices).
Read about the team : https://eng.heetch.com/developer-care-3e22a4d7ff54
You can also have a look at our open-source projects and contributions here
Heetch SAS is collecting your personal data (identity, contact details, academic background, professional experience and optionally a covering letter) for the processing of your application to our job offer, based on your consent.
Your personal data will only be accessible to our hiring team, our co-founders, and the manager of the position you are applying to. In addition, data are stored by our processor in order to use its applications tracking system. Your data may be stored outside of the EU/EEA but are protected by appropriated safeguards.
Your data are stored for a maximum duration of two years. If we do not reply to your application, you allow us to store your data during this term in order to potentially contact you for another position within our company or affiliates and subsidiaries.
You have a right to access to your data, to rectify them, under some conditions to erase them, and to limit the processing. Also, you have a right of portability on your data. In addition, you may revoke your consent and we shall stop processing your data. Eventually, you have a right to define directives about the fate of your data if your death should occur.